cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersoWS9gFHQg
Asteroid

Does 1440p result in faster screen degradation?

Hi,

I just want to know if running my S10+ display at 1440p has any major disadvantages such as faster screen degradation or burn in?

Unable to find a concrete answer online and would appreciate anyone who could clear this out for me. 

I have no worries about battery life.

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Does 1440p result in faster screen degradation?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't see how the screen resolution can make any difference, it's still using all the same pixels.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
usersoWS9gFHQg
Asteroid

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I'm asking because of some stuff I came across online. Including the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/695l1g/basics_on_pentile_amoled_displays_the_real_reason/...

I'd like to reasonably preserve my display but I also love the crispness at 1440p. And therefore looking for some direction from someone who'd know better. 

Please let me know what you think. And thank you once again. 

user4du37s2Cga
Constellation

Like the other user said, no chance that a resolution cha...

Like the other user said, no chance that a resolution change will degrade your screen faster. However, your battery will probably drain a bit faster due to the larger strain on your processor.

usersoWS9gFHQg
Asteroid

Re: Like the other user said, no chance that a resolution cha...

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@usersoWS9gFHQg Hmm I couldn't see a strong studies on 1080p will reduce the burn-in display but no matter what, oled will degrade its lifespan. From my understanding pentile subpixel was created to prevent or reduce burn-in since it isn't RGB row it's more like RGBGR, they try to reduce Blue pixel and make it larger because blue is the fastest to degrade  since it needs more power to light up. But to reduce burn-in lower the screen brightness to 60% or below the best way to reduce burn-in.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button