cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Does anyone else hate their s10?

I've had four Galaxy phones before the s10 - each with their own quirks, but I loved or liked them all enough to stay a loyal Galaxy customer and upgrade to the s10 when the time came. And I hate it. There are so many basic functionality problems, it makes the phone onerous to use. The fingerprint scanner is awful. There's no haptic home button anymore. Accidental Touch Protection doesn't work, so my phone randomly starts doing things in my pocket to the point that I had to disable double-tap to wake and only use the power button. Swiping to enter a PIN or pattern takes three tries to recognize the swipe before the PIN or pattern screen even comes up. Notifications aren't visible from the lock screen without swiping. Do Not Disturb keeps turning itself off in the middle of the night, so I wake up at 3am to pings. When I double-tap power to launch the camera, half the time a notification pops up telling me I used double-tap to launch the camera, blocking my use of the camera until I clear the notification. And there's still the Bixby button... the useless Bixby button.

I wish it wasn't too late to return this phone. I hate it.

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Personally the S10+ is my favorite phone I've ever owned....

Personally the S10+ is my favorite phone I've ever owned. I love the design, features, battery life, etc.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Personally the S10+ is my favorite phone I've ever owned....

You clearly are a text talk only kind of guy. No offense 

Highlighted
Astronaut

😂

😂

Highlighted
Astronaut

I only want my phone like iPhone or Galaxy

I only want my phone like iPhone or Galaxy

Highlighted
Constellation

I love my S10+, best phone I have ever owned. I recommend...

I love my S10+, best phone I have ever owned. I recommend starting a chat with the Samsung members. All of the issues your experiencing can be corrected by adjusting some settings on the devices!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Does anyone else hate their s10?

The S10s aren't perfect, and you'd be hard-pressed to find any phone that fits the bill. I've used devices from most companies: HTC, Moto, LG, 1+, Nexus/Google, Asus, and Sammy.

There are perks to every brand, but I feel Samsung excels in these areas: camera, thermals, call+mic quality, user experience, and battery. In this case I can only speak as a (former) owner of the US S10+. Anyway, the camera can capture a high level of detail, which matters greatly to those of us that don't carry dedicated cameras. 3rd party apps grant more control over pics; although the stock app includes HEIF, HEVC (video), and HDR10+ (video). Not many phones include all 3, so that's a win for OneUI. Now, thanks to the inclusion of vapor cooling (S10+), demanding apps didn't cause the surface temp to spike very much. Another area many might overlook is sound quality: try Samsung's recording app and listen to it afterwards. 

While I know OneUI isn't everyone's fav skin, there's no denying the # of features present in Samsung Experience/OneUI. You can augment the phone further with Goodlock, and even disable both edges. What's more, you get access to Rush and a fairly comprehensive photo editor. Last but not least, endurance is a strong suit of the S10+, as I've relayed many times. Mine usually lasted for 10hrs screen time- a duration that span 2-3 days. 

All said and done, the S10s are nice flagships. Could they be better? Certainly. There's always room for QoL improvements, such as the much requested LED light (emulated)... or faster charging. At some point I'd like the proximity sensor to work in a user's pocket. This would prevent accidental touches + pocket dial by ignoring screen and button presses (without disabling double tap). 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Does anyone else hate their s10?

I also hate my s10+, you pretty much summed it up but for me its all about the fingerprint.  Its awful. Doesnt really work even with all the updates, and it's in a stupid place. Very inconvenient.  Will Samsung help us out? I had the s7,s8,s9 and now this pos.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the s10 now had the note 8 and I'd give anything t...

I have the s10 now had the note 8 and I'd give anything to go back to the note8 😔

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: I have the s10 now had the note 8 and I'd give anything t...

First 30 days you can switch with a 35 fee most carriers