cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryKOVdEVhGN
Astronaut

Re: Does the unlocked S10 plus have dual sim?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you bought it from the US we store, it does not support dual SIM. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes if you bought the US unlocked version of S10 plus it has hybrid sim meaning you can use two nano sim in your device or one nano sim and memory card. Only the thing is if you use two sim you won't be able to use use memory card on your device. So you'll have to choose whether to use two nano sim or one nano sim and one memory card.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@NBI wrote:

Yes if you bought the US unlocked version of S10 plus it has hybrid sim meaning you can use two nano sim in your device or one nano sim and memory card. Only the thing is if you use two sim you won't be able to use use memory card on your device. So you'll have to choose whether to use two nano sim or one nano sim and one memory card.

No it doesn't, The Snapdragon version does not support dual SIM only Exynos

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. Besides, dual sim models are labeled as DS or D/S by Samsung. Samsung US hasn't expressed interest in the niche market. 

Now, you're prob thinking of buying a DS slot. Here's the issue. Dual SIM functionality requires a physical component change and support in firmware. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userKike
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, Samsung doesn't sell the Dual sim model in the US. You'll be able to find it in eBay, but beware with the warranty offered!

Bear in mind though that phones sold outside the US (for instance the Latin America Dual SIM models) won't allow you to use Samsung Pay and some other US-specific functionalities. And you'll probably get the system updates later

. Additionally, some international models come with an Exynos processor, instead of the Qualcomm

You should probably weigh the different options you have before taking your decision.

I can just tell you that I migrated from a Note 9 to a S10+ and it is a fantastic upgrade.

Hope this helps you.

user2y3vItlN5t
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate this post, thank you!

userKike
Constellation

Re: Does the unlocked S10 plus have dual sim? Can I use it internationally?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In response to your concern about traveling around the world and inserting local Sim cards, that's exactly what an unlocked phone is made for! No problem.

Just be aware that your phone may not support all the LTE /4G bands used in the other countries, even if this model supports a while bunch of them.

user2y3vItlN5t
Asteroid

Re: Does the unlocked S10 plus have dual sim? Can I use it internationally?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I appreciate you telling me this! Feeling reassured with my purchase~

Samsung_RaDgyBV
Astronaut

No pictures

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No pictures

Getting an unlocked version in the US will get you only 1...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Getting an unlocked version in the US will get you only 1 sim slot. International models come with dual sim capabilities. Normally you shouldn't have issues putting another sim card into the unlocked US version of s10.