cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermj8vrzBEI3
Asteroid

Don't update the new august firmware!

Screenshot_20190911-235059_Software update.jpg

I have updated my samsung galaxy s10+ last night and just after the update is installed the phone doesn't respond and it just freezes and lags. When i just pop out the sim it works good . I tried the samsung support as well and learned that they will not reply to you !

Think of it guys .. whats the point of using mobile without a sim in it!

13 REPLIES 13
Neutron Star

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!


@usermj8vrzBEI3 wrote:

Screenshot_20190911-235059_Software update.jpg

I have updated my samsung galaxy s10+ last night and just after the update is installed the phone doesn't respond and it just freezes and lags. When i just pop out the sim it works good . I tried the samsung support as well and learned that they will not reply to you !

Think of it guys .. whats the point of using mobile without a sim in it!


You have probably seen few threads about this. These are mostly S9 users, but I guess S10 too...Did you see IMS service issue?

Reply
Loading...
usermj8vrzBEI3
Asteroid

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!

Yeah the IMS service and the com.phone.android stops working!

Is there any solution for that?

Reply
Loading...
Neutron Star

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!


@usermj8vrzBEI3 wrote:

Yeah the IMS service and the com.phone.android stops working!

Is there any solution for that?


Downgrading firmware maybe possible, but I would wait for Samsung to fix it.  Since there are enough users with this issue, I guess Samsung is aware of it and is working on it.  At least a week ago some of Samusung people were collecting info, making a report so they could escalate it...

 

So clearing data of phone app and IMS services(could be couple of IMS stuff) isn't helping?

Reply
Loading...
usermj8vrzBEI3
Asteroid

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!

Yeah ,i tried doing that ,but it doesn't help!😔.

I cleared the whole system cache partition aswell 

Either of those things worked .

I did the app preference and network reset as well

Reply
Loading...
Neutron Star

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!


@usermj8vrzBEI3 wrote:

Yeah ,i tried doing that ,but it doesn't help!😔.

I cleared the whole system cache partition aswell 

Either of those things worked .

I did the app preference and network reset as well


So the sim card activates IMS which is WiFi calling pretty much. 

1) Which carrier do you have? 

2) Is it possible for you to grab another sim card that is a different from your carrier?

I think sim card from a carrier that doesn't have or support WiFi calling might behave well and not cause much issues at least until update is released.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
usermj8vrzBEI3
Asteroid

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!

I am in Sydney right now and using vodafone here .

I just tried the blank sim of vodafone .. it didnt work!

But i dont think i can do that ... they should atleast downgrade the software so that it can work atleast!

Reply
Loading...
Neutron Star

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!


@usermj8vrzBEI3 wrote:

I am in Sydney right now and using vodafone here .

I just tried the blank sim of vodafone .. it didnt work!

But i dont think i can do that ... they should atleast downgrade the software so that it can work atleast!


If you come across another sim card with service, try it.  Maybe some of your friends have another operator.  By the way, can you take a screenshot of software info page?  Settings>about phone>software information?  I am mainly looking for info that shows /XAA and the end

Reply
Loading...
usermj8vrzBEI3
Asteroid

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!

Screenshot_20190912-201416_Settings.jpg

 

Reply
Loading...
userxNdBQcKjGk
Asteroid

Re: Don't update the new august firmware!

I have exactly the same problem, I tried an international sim with data roaming off, the phone works fine. 

With my phone with my normal number is unusable,  Can you help understand when is the update coming? Or is there a workaround to a avoid this issue?

Reply
Loading...