Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Double tap functionality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I had something in mind. Why doesn't samsung implement double tap to lock screen like the double tap to wake. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Double tap functionality

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereApZ82O9aX 

Good question. No idea. 

Some third party launchers let you do that, or stand-alone apps. I use the double tap to sleep with Nova Launcher and it works ok. I locks reliably, but sometimes the screen flashes for a moment right before it turns off. I asked, and they blamed it on Samsung. It's still better than nothing.  

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The edge panel has one home panel feature that allows you to lock the screen but you have to install it from the galaxy store. That is the best I got from one UI about screen locking without physical buttons.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereApZ82O9aX 

Good question. No idea. 

Some third party launchers let you do that, or stand-alone apps. I use the double tap to sleep with Nova Launcher and it works ok. I locks reliably, but sometimes the screen flashes for a moment right before it turns off. I asked, and they blamed it on Samsung. It's still better than nothing.  

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post