cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOCHA74
Constellation

Downloading text message

I receive many texts from various group chats as well as individual texts that require taking the blue arrow to download the message to read it. Once the arrow is tapped it takes severalmseconfds further message to appear in the correct thread. Why is this happening? How to stop this annoying behavior?

Thisnhappensnon my S10+, it also happened on my S8 and S7 Edge. So annoying!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Downloading text message

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

Highlighted
SamsungMaverick
Constellation

That's funny.  I contacted my carrier AT&T and they said they've been getting lots of calls on this problem, and that it is Samsung that created the problem, and Samsung needs to fix it, and avoid problems like it in the future, by not forcing os updates onto users' phones.

Samsung_bj48fvp
Constellation

I'm having the same problem...smh

I'm having the same problem...smh

userZsVPNcjLq7
Constellation

I'm having this problem as well, but it only started after the last Samsung update. Are you really saying the only way to fix this is to take a day off to spend at the phone store??? There has to be an easier fix! Suggestions???

Honored Contributor

@MOCHA74 wrote:

I receive many texts from various group chats as well as individual texts that require taking the blue arrow to download the message to read it. Once the arrow is tapped it takes severalmseconfds further message to appear in the correct thread. Why is this happening? How to stop this annoying behavior?

Thisnhappensnon my S10+, it also happened on my S8 and S7 Edge. So annoying!!!!

I have seen it happen when phone is on wifi, but mms messages needed mobile data to be ready for it to work. 

When wifi calling is on, but changing settings from wifi preferred to cellular preferred migh help too

Also look in messages app, settings and go to multimedia.  There is a settings that is called "auto retrieve" message.

Samsung_rVrWu8n
Astronaut

Yup. Having the same issue on my Note 10. And it is not my carriers issue. There's another thread about the note 10/S10's having signal issues. So it's obviously a Samsung issue.

Samsung_oMmwOMf
Astronaut

Ms Mocha with you having problems why haven't you switched phones