JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Draft Notification in Messages App

(Topic created: 09-16-2020 08:44 AM)
htownshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

For a few days now, I've had the red Draft notification on one of my Chat threads. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can clear this notification?  Please see the screenshot.  Thanks. 

19 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. If you open the chat, do you have anything typed in the chat box including just a blank space?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkpGydheDP3
Asteroid
Options
I have the same issue. There are no characters in the chat box for the conversation that has the Draft notification, not even one from the space bar. I've been sending and receiving messages in this chat, but the notification won't go away. I've powered off and back on to no avail.
I'm using the stock Messages app on a Galaxy S9, SM-G960U. The carrier is Verizon
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

It also could be a newline character from pushing the return button on th keyboard. If you are using the Samsung keyboard, click in the draft item to open it. Slide your finger on the space bar to the right to move the cursor to the end of the box. Then use delete to get rid of any invisible characters in the box. 

userUCLxqjrWJu
Astronaut
Options

Same phone, same carrier, same problem. 

userkpGydheDP3
Asteroid
Options
I cannot identify/locate a draft item. I believe that the OP has the same issue. After keying in a message, sending it, then immediately backing out of a conversation, the red Draft notification remains - there is nothing keyed into the chat box! 🙁
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hello!

I would recommend giving this a try. Open up the message that has the draft notification on it. Tap and hold in the message bar until paste, select all, and clipboard appears. Tap on select all and then hit backspace to delete any text that is in the message bar. 

You could also try to hold down on the conversation the draft is in and delete the whole conversation thread or try hitting send to see if a blank message is sent or if the text is sent instead. If you would not like to do this I would then recommend to clear the cache for your Samsung messages app and test your device in safe mode to see if the symptom is still persisting. You can do this by following these steps.

Navigate to Settings > Apps

Scroll down to or search for Messages and select it

Hit the force stop and then select storage. 

In storage select the clear cache option. 

Once this is done we are going to try to test the device in safe mode. 

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode appear.

On the screen tap and hold the power off option until it changes to Safe Mode. 

Tap on Safe Mode and your device will restart. 

Once it has powered on check your messages to try and backspace the text to remove the draft icon or if the icon has disappeared.

Let me know if this helps!

userkpGydheDP3
Asteroid
Options
SamsungMoon, I'll try the safe mode test as soon as I can - I'd rather leave the annoying notification than delete the conversation. Thanks.
0 Likes
userkpGydheDP3
Asteroid
Options
No success.
Somehow the app is registering that there is a message in a conversation that hasn't been sent.
htownshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks @SansungMoon. That worked.
0 Likes