cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray

Re:Edge Lighting S10/S10+ not working

Does not work for me, either. I'm giving up for now with S10 - send it back to stock...I don't see many progress since s8..more regression I would say regarding this LED notification and trying to workaround it with Edge Lighting which does not work at all

Mtiede
Halo

FWIW, it works for me on S10 with "Always on display" either on or off.  Face down, or face up.

usercHgtkvswd5
Astronaut

Re: Re:Edge Lighting S10/S10+ not working

2 days ago I bought  a S10+, and I have an issue with Edge lighting, it's not working at all. No LEd notifications either!!!!

user1itxGYDW2C
Astronaut

Re: Re:Edge Lighting S10/S10+ not working

If you go in settings of whatsapp there you will find an option notification, in this turn on pop up notification to only when screen off. This will work

Alexander_F
Astronaut

In your settings, Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting. Enabling this allows it to work but you'll need to set the edge effect by just tapping on the words instead of the on or off button, there you can change the effect of the lighting and which apps it works for. I hope this helps!

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, Can you provide a bit more detail on the issues you are experiencing?

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray

It works only with few applications (e.g. default Text app)...so for which app does not work:

- gmail

- messenger

- hangouts

WhatsApp seems to work but it shows edge lighting only once, so it cannot be repeated e.g. every few seconds till user will look on it

here is the thread when another user was testing this real time yesterday..

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Led-Notification-Light/td-p/466732/page/12

I think by default edge lighting is turned off when display is off.  go to settings -> display -> edge  screen -> click on " Edge lighthing" (not the sAlways_Edge screen.jpglider) -> Change 'Show Edge lighting' to always

userbjAh2TKBC7
Constellation

Re: Edge Lighting S10/S10+ not working

You need to set your animator duration scale in developer mode to .5x and above.