cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzGqpcNKx3S
Constellation

Edge lighting doesnt work?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone explain to me how this works because I have the feature  to work with all of my apps and I have it set to ALWAYS and I never see the feature lighting up at any notification. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Edge lighting doesnt work?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I will gladly assist you with your concerns about your edge lighting feature. Try giving this link here a try --> http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077671/

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I will gladly assist you with your concerns about your edge lighting feature. Try giving this link here a try --> http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077671/

userzGqpcNKx3S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh I see. Thanks. I also read that it might not work with third party apps, so I guess my gmail counts as that which may be why I'm not seeing it light up.

userYu9zWPIAay
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - I just got the s10e and have tried everythig under the moon to get the edge lighting to work but it just does not work. Is there any plans to getting this working any time soon? I really dont want to have to switch phones ie to an iPhone..Smiley Wink 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S10e already has edge lighting and it should work fine. Make sure you edge lighting is turned out and that "messages" is selected as an app in which you want Edge lighting to work with.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userQ5GJXRCobh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that, still NOTHING!!  Do I have to use the Samsung message app in order for edge lighting to work?  <edit>

Thank you.

userYgBfIcXCAo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the answer.  If you're using anything other than the standard samsung apps (messanging, mail, etc) edge lighting may not work.

For me it I was using google messanging as default (to get web access) and edge lighting worked when phone screen was on, but didn't work when the screen was off.  

Switched back to samsung messaging and everything is good.

userQ5GJXRCobh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am now using the "blue" message app, we will see what happens...  Samsung should fix this work even with 3rd party (gmail)

userQ5GJXRCobh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what are the settings?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION