cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Edge panel - embedded default apps

With the most recent update, Samsung has determined that I want to have the Calendar, Settings, Clock, and My Files icons fixed in the top spots on my apps edge panel.  Actually, I'd prefer to choose the apps I want on the panel.  With those being in the top spots, my chosen apps are pushed down and some are now out of sight.  When Edit is selected, the "pre-chosen" apps are greyed out.

Does anyone know a workaround?  Hijack another panel, maybe?  Or is there a way to get rid of the default icons?

TIA,

JC

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Edge panel - embedded default apps

I don't think that is normal. I don't have any of those apps on my Note 20 Ultra edge panel. Have you tried clearing the cache of the Edge panel apps? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the quick response -- I'd like to try your suggestion if you can let me know how to do that.  I know how to clear the cache on my laptop but have never tried it on my phone (S10).  Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Jaycee81

We can clear the cache and data files by opening system settings, apps, show system apps, and use the search engine to locate edge screen. Open it and select storage. You should see the option to clear the cache and data. This also clears the cache and and data for the edge lighting feature. They're both easy to set back up. 

Wipe the system cache partition is always a really good option especially after a system updates.

Best regards, 

CLF