cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGry32dVy78
Cosmic Ray

Emails not syncing

I've stopped getting notifications on my phone whenever I get a new email from the default Email app.  Now I have to manually open the app to check emails.  It used to do it automatically for me before.  And I went to the settings to make sure auto-sync is on, and in the Email app , I checked so the retreval is push(automatic). Any help please?

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Emails not syncing

Just for clarification, you are still receiving the emails just not the notifications, correct?

Have you verified you have the notification settings turned on? 

Is it only the email app that you are not receiving notifications from?

userGry32dVy78
Cosmic Ray

Yes, it is only the email app that i'm not receiving notifications. I have all settings turned on, and auto-sync is on too.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to be sure, do your email settings look similar to this? 

userGry32dVy78
Cosmic Ray

Yes It looks exactly like that.

user758xtCvO4Z
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I have to manually open the default email app to check which emails i am getting

Samsung_psyveXx
Astronaut

Emails not syncing

Emails not syncing

Samsung_SaVkUeX
Astronaut

Try going to your setting. Go to notifications and make s...

Try going to your setting. Go to notifications and make sure you have all other apps not interfere with the notifications. It may require some looking but it'll be fine

Any power saving apps installed or turned on?

Any power saving apps installed or turned on?

Highlighted
ekjl
Constellation

I have had the same issue too. And to clarify, I am using the stock/default email app. I have disabled Gmail.

I've been trying to troubleshoot the issue and I think I may have found a solution.

I don't change anything in power savings or notifications. There is definately an issue with the app or Samsung's firmware. Speaking of issues, there is still the problem with edge lighting not working with the stock/default email app. I gave up troubleshooting and turned it off because I think that is totally out of my control until Samsung updates with a fix.

Anyways, to what I 'think' may be the solution to the stock email app sync issue.

First, either remove your Gmail account first or just clear cache and clear data for the Email app which will remove the account for you.

When you add an account, tap on Others instead of Gmail G Suite.

Enter your email address. When you complete typing in your email addreses DO NOT tap on passward field. When you tap on password field it automatically signs in you just as if you had used Gmail G Suite.

Instead, click on manual setup on the bottom left of the screen. It will direct you to Google's security page asking if you want to allow Samsung's Email App to access Gmail. Go ahead and allow access.

After that, just go back into the email account settings and put sync to Auto (when receive).

That's it. So far I've had it working perfectly.