cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Extra Data Usage since Version 10

Ever since the update to Version 10 of the firmware, my phone has been using between 2 to 3 times extra data than what the app details show. I've confirmed this with Verizon, and the Verizon tech contacted Samsung directly today and was told that this is known issue. As this is causing me to spend extra money for extra data that I shouldn't have to be spending, I feel this is an extremely urgent and important bug to be fixed. I know I can flash my phone and return to the previous version of the firmware, etc..., but that's also an excessive effort on my part for a problem that I didn't create.

When will this bug be corrected, and what are Samsung's plans for remedying the extra expenses that this has undoubtly cost many people?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Extra Data Usage since Version 10

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079018/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks, but as I stated, this is a confirmed bug in the OS. The Verizion tech called Samsung while on the phone with me and Samsung stated they were aware of this bug. I have three phones on my plan, two of them are Galaxy S10s and both exhibit this bevaviour. One phone alone has accounted for 4 GIGS of data in the current billing cycle that aren't attributed to any apps on the phone. Something is going on in the background that is consuming large chunks of data. Several other sites / threads have noted this as well. It seems to have started when the initial version 10 update went out in late December:

https://support.google.com/android/thread/22454577
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S10-using-ridiuclous-amounts-of-data-wifi-and-not-showi...

Highlighted
Constellation

You completely ignored the entirety of the question. Can you provide a legitamate response to the question being asked. There are thousands of people seeing this issue

Highlighted
Astronaut

Any chance we could get an answer on this? It has been months of this problem for me.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Haven't seen this issue with our S9+, S10+ or Note 10+ on AT&T after the upgrades. Data usage hasn't changed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

This is not a carrier issue. It is a samsung issue. Stop bringing up different carriers and find someone who can actually solve this problem or at least provide a time frame as to when the issue will be resolved.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have also been experiencing this issue and it has caused me to pay atleast $200 in data overage fees in the past few months. My data total is 2-3 times the individual app usage since December when  the update was released, and I thought I was going crazy until now. This NEEDS to be addressed by Samsung. My last 5 phones have all been Samsungs, but this is enough to make me jump ship if they continue to ignore the problem as I cant afford to pay for their mistake. Using a Samsung S10+ on the Bell network in Canada for reference. This isn't a provider problem and is clearly a problem on Samsung's end.