Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersTp9Cwxzdr
Asteroid

Facebook app uninstall!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung note 9 512 gb USA version

Hello i been searching every where for a way to delete Facebook off my phone completely! No i do not want to just disable it i want it off my phone. Disable only... still keep it running on the back ground which is still very consuming battery and data on my phone. Plus i didn't paid $1500 for a preinstalled app to be permanently installed without an uninstall button!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Facebook app uninstall!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I mean I hear you @usersTp9Cwxzdr , I personally disable at least a dozen of apps and if I could uninstall them, I would. However, I don't think a disabled app uses anything or does anything in the background. It's virtually the same as having it uninstalled, it's just still taking up a little bit of space in your storage. If the app was running in the background collecting data, you would see some usage either in memory or battery. It uses nothing so the app is not running.

And for the software, I don't know why they do what they do and what makes sense to some users or not, all I'm saying is that if you go read the agreements (you can find them in settings), that's what they say, and we agree to them not only by accepting the terms by clicking agree, but every time we use the phone for anything, it's also explained in there. So as far as OS and apps are concerned, they reserve the right to dictate what we can install and uninstall, how we get updates and what services can be turned on and off. With Android we can customize almost everything, but make no mistake, someone out there still decides exactly what we will be allowed to do on our phones, and we agree to. We have no choice, BTW there is an interesting line in those terms too, it basically says if you disagree with anything, just don't use the phone (and to be and means there is no debate, it is what they said it is).

I'm on your side.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
10 REPLIES 10
Samsung_2jf5wqu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it doesn't work if you; hold on the app icon? I know you can uninstall it..ask fb!

userouzdNxSDxv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How about just signing out of fb or find and app that will lock fb so it will not work. I'm sure you've tried.

userouzdNxSDxv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try putting it to sleep?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @usersTp9Cwxzdr 

Well actually you did pay $1500 for the phone the way it is, no more, no less. You own the hardware, but You're only licensed the software on it. That's why you can't do certain things. It's explained in the terms of use that we all just click agree to at the initial set up. 

Anyway. In the picture you posted it clearly shows that this app used no battery since the last charge and no memory in the last few hours. Why do you think it's running in the background? Doesn't look like it to me.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Highlighted
usersTp9Cwxzdr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Geno71

I did reset the phone trying to get rid of the Facebook apps. But if the hardware are own by the buyer then why can't the buyer pick what can or can't be installed in the hardware. Sure the software are licensed but that does not mean Facebook uninstall shouldn't an option while it taking up space on your hardware that you paid for? Disable without uninstall mean the app could run in the background collecting data. And when it done collecting data it have to send it somewhere. Well it would have to use your service that you paid for to tranfer those data. Now if i dont want it to do that why can it just be an option to uninstall it? After all it is your hard earned money that you spend... but thank for your opinion it all matters!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I mean I hear you @usersTp9Cwxzdr , I personally disable at least a dozen of apps and if I could uninstall them, I would. However, I don't think a disabled app uses anything or does anything in the background. It's virtually the same as having it uninstalled, it's just still taking up a little bit of space in your storage. If the app was running in the background collecting data, you would see some usage either in memory or battery. It uses nothing so the app is not running.

And for the software, I don't know why they do what they do and what makes sense to some users or not, all I'm saying is that if you go read the agreements (you can find them in settings), that's what they say, and we agree to them not only by accepting the terms by clicking agree, but every time we use the phone for anything, it's also explained in there. So as far as OS and apps are concerned, they reserve the right to dictate what we can install and uninstall, how we get updates and what services can be turned on and off. With Android we can customize almost everything, but make no mistake, someone out there still decides exactly what we will be allowed to do on our phones, and we agree to. We have no choice, BTW there is an interesting line in those terms too, it basically says if you disagree with anything, just don't use the phone (and to be and means there is no debate, it is what they said it is).

I'm on your side.

usernIlS8hEw5m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the most ridiculous solution bc it's not a solution. 

They should forewarn customers before making a  purchase and before you agree to their terms that fbook and other canned apps are on their product, like it or not,  but they didn't do that, so this is irrelevant. 

Also no,  it's not just a matter of disabling.  There are 4 obvious fbook system apps that need to be disabled, and a few others integrated into the Samsung system apps,  so again, this solution is not a Solution.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check out Package Disabler, it will disable even apps and services that are grayed out in the Apps Settings. It's not free, and you should be careful as it can actually break things, but if you feel like you need to, you can give it a try.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71 well said @Geno71! Disabled apps certainly don't run in the background, collect or send data, or pretty much anything else. 🙂