cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Feature request

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to only be able to turn my phone off after I verify a power down with a fingerprint. 

This way if someone steals your phone they can't force shut down so you can't track your phone.  

Why is this not a standard?  Does anyone see a downside to this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Feature request

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't something that can be toggled on/off so there is not a setting for it. From the lock screen try to turn the phone off and it will prompt a fingerprint or password. Make sure the phone does not see your face while testing this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have all of your security features active the phone will only power down if a password or pattern is entered. Not the finger print however but in my opinion this is better as it requires more than one type of security to operate. Try it out.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is already a feature. A password is not needed if the phone is already unlocked. If the phon is locked a biometrics or password will be required to execute the shutdown proceedure.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If already a feature, where can I find in Settings?  Thanks!

@userWfBLnpk6wf wrote:

This is already a feature. A password is not needed if the phone is already unlocked. If the phon is locked a biometrics or password will be required to execute the shutdown proceedure.

@userWfBLnpk6wf wrote:

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't something that can be toggled on/off so there is not a setting for it. From the lock screen try to turn the phone off and it will prompt a fingerprint or password. Make sure the phone does not see your face while testing this.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bingo!  I never knew this bc face recognition is on. TY