cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtiede
Galaxy

Find my mobile not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I seem to have everything for it to work turned on in Settings, but when I go to findmymobile.samsung.com, even though I see the device listed there, it doesn't find it.  It says:

Can't locate your phone.  It will be located if it connects to a network.

Trouble is, it IS connected to a network.  I've tried both Wifi and Cellular and although both communicate with the internet, my phone is still not located.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mtiede
Galaxy

Re: Find my mobile not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got it to work.  A couple of days ago, my wife's S10 phone totally died.  Took it to UbreakIFix and they fixed it for over $400 (which luckily was covered under warranty).  They had to put in a new motherboard and that took with it the internal storage so I had to set up somethings again.  A LOT of things got "automatically" restored thanks to the backup that was recoverable.

After I got it all set up again, I tried the "findmymobile" and it worked for her phone.  So I knew the problem wasn't something with the AT&T version of the phone or the phone itself.  So then I took another look at my phone.

I went onto the "findmymobile" web site and noticed that there were two devices registered and I wondered if that was what was goofing it up.  So I removed one.  It still didn't work.  So I removed the other one, thinking I could just add it back in again.  But there was nothing on the web site to add back in. 

So I went to the phone in the "find my phone" settings and didn't find a place to add in the device again.  So then I deleted the account that was listed.  It warned that I was going to lose a bunch of stuff associated with the account, but I did it anyway.  After re-adding the account and turning the options back on, it worked.  So something was somehow goofed up with the account device list, I'm guessing.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What are your GPS settings set to?

Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What GPS settings?  You mean Location?  Yes, that is on.  And when I take pictures, they usually have the location on.  Or when I go for a walk in Samsung Health, it tracks me.

Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mtiede I apologize for the issue with the thread. I have this reported, so hopefully it will be corrected. If you open the Galaxy Store, it will show you the account you are signed into (similar to the way Google does it).

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was trying to stay away from google.  I want to know why the Samsung one doesn't work.  Hence using this forum.

And when I went to that link, there wasn't anything there that showed where the phone was on a map.  Or anything else really.  Just instructions as to how to lock it rather than find it.  As far as I could find...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mtiede wrote:

I was trying to stay away from google.  I want to know why the Samsung one doesn't work.  Hence using this forum.

You probably did restart you device before....

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would "find my device" have anything to do with cache?  I don't want to "recover" android.

The 3 button salute didn't get a logo.  Bixby loaded up was all.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mtiede wrote:

Why would "find my device" have anything to do with cache?  I don't want to "recover" android.

Hmm?  You are not recovering anything...but it is your choice.  You came here to find answers, didn't you?  If you don't want to follow instructions then you can always contact Samsung directly:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/