cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

Re: Finger print problem Galaxy s10

@TheRabbi I was fine with this until you brought up my part about not being able to buy another phone until I got the refund back.

Anyway, I can live with it and I've already accepted it. 

TheRabbi
Halo

Just use the phone you were using five days ago until you can replace the S10! Trust me: you'll be miserable if you keep something that bugs you. 

TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

@TheRabbi I can't because I used my old phone as a trade in and had already shipped it out. 

TheRabbi
Halo

Ouch! In the future, wait at least ten days. Samsung gives you 15, so there's no sense in rushing without knowing if you're going to be happy. 

Still, if I were you, I'd rather be without a phone for a couple of weeks than be unhappy for a couple of years. I've settled before, and it's not good. 

Comet

Ok I got my phone yesterday. And was able to see the scanner too. Not in the sunlight though. Under a lamp actually and with the screen off. You have to really move it around to notice it under a specific angle. I know I commented earlier that things like this really bother me, but this one actually doesn't all that much, because (for me at least) you have to really try to recreate those perfect conditions to be able to see it, I don't see it being an issue 99% of the time.

I wouldn't call it a defect, but somewhat of a flaw, sure. I don't think it's worth anyone's energy complaining to Samsung or trying to troubleshoot. It's just how this tech is for now. Maybe later they will learn to hide it better, just like they will likely learn to hide the camera under the screen too, but we're just not there yet.

So once again to clarify my position: Note 7 batteries were a defect. S10 FP sensor is a flaw, but not a defect. And the choice is simply live with it or get a different phone.

userp9ehTWcpNz
Asteroid

@Geno71 I've never seen the scanner under a lamp but only in daylight (not only sunlight). Since I'm a lot outdoor its little bit irritating. For me it will be a issue more then 1%. No I agree it's not defect but for a 1000 dollar phone I mean we should expect more from one of the markeds largest brand.
Comet

I mean I agree 100%, it's irritating. I have a major OCD with things like this. I've dealt with light bleed around the screen on Note9 and S9+, and it appears to be gone with S10, so that's cool, but now we have this. At this time, personally, I'm more annoyed by the ugly wide notification bar. No phone is perfect, and I'm still deciding if I want to keep this S10 or just go back to my Note9. 

userEc0WeEOMkz
Constellation

Same here 

@userp9ehTWcpNz wrote:

When the sunlight hits my Galaxy S10+ screen I can see the finger print scanner like a grey square. It looks like a burnt screen. Is it someone else having these problem? Is it a manufacturing defect? fullsizeoutput_630.jpeg

@userp9ehTWcpNz wrote:

When the sunlight hits my Galaxy S10+ screen I can see the finger print scanner like a grey square. It looks like a burnt screen. Is it someone else having these problem? Is it a manufacturing defect? fullsizeoutput_630.jpeg