cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Fingerprint Reader STILL is not working

Are there any updates on getting this fixed? I've gotten the run around from rude and not helpful "support" staff but basically was told an update would fix it. There is still no available update and I'd like my 5 month old super expensive phone to actually work like it should. Any updates on when samsung is getting this fixed?

Also, yes I uninstalled the finger print AND did the factory reset. Nothing helps and I cannot get help to fix this issue. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fingerprint Reader STILL is not working

What's wrong with your fingerprint reader?

Highlighted
Asteroid

It just doesn't work at all. I've done all the trouble shooting asked of me. I drove an hour to one of their suggested repair places where they confirmed the reader words fine and it's a software issue but Samsung is 100% not helping at all. I just want the finger print reader to work. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have a S9+ and I just started having this problem too

Highlighted
Astronaut

I removed the cheap screen protector that came on my S10 out of the box. The finger print reader has worked better, but it has issues.

Highlighted
Asteroid

As of the update they did back in November it just doesn't work. It's not a screen finger print reader on the S10E, it works from the power button. I drove an hour to one of their approved shops where i was told the fingerprint reader is working fine and it's a software issue and Samsung will do NOTHING to help resolve this. 

I cannot mail my phone in as it is my only phone but Samsung 100% is not understanding of the problem they caused and will not help at all. 

Just frustrated and want this to work again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Try increasing the touch sensitivity

Highlighted
Asteroid

Already tried that. Like I said, I have done ALL the trouble shooting and was told by the approved shop that it's a software issue. At this point I deleted the fingerprint info and can't put a fingerprint back in because it won't read the fingerprint at all. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userjQLrg0VPMQ The Samsung limited warranty is a repair warranty that covers the unit for parts and labor in the event repairs are needed within the first year of ownership. If all troubleshooting has failed, it would need to be evaluated and documented. Samsung does not provide loaner phones during repairs. The process is approximately 7 days depending on when you ship your phone. If you would like me to look into this further, please send a private message with your model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

And this is where Samsung fails me. I only have this phone and need it for work and do not have a back up. For the life of me I cannot understand why Samsung is so unwilling to be helpful to their customers. I never had this issue with Apple as they stand up for their product and if I had an issue they took care of it without the complete inconvience of being without a phone for 7 days. Mostly because they have a realistic view of peoples lives and how we use technology that Samsung does not. 

It's such a shame that they do not understand or work with the changing world of people only having cell phones. It shows a total lack of caring about their customers, in my humble opinion. I just make sure to tell everyone never to use Samsung phones at this point and I will never again.