cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doskii
Astronaut

Fingerprint scanner randomly stopped working?

Hello, I've been using my fingerprint scanner since I got it in March, yesterday is just randomly stopped, I hadn't dropped my phone and I haven't seen any wear and tear on my screen. However I've tried clearing my cache, restarting, cleaning my screen off and resetting my fingerprints but now when I try to add them back I get this and it stays at 0% anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Doskii
Astronaut

:(

Smiley Sad

SparkyLTD
Asteroid

Yes! I had the same exact thing happen to my Samsung Gala...

Yes! I had the same exact thing happen to my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I had to constantly reset my fingerprints. It would work for a week or so, then stop again for unkown reasons. Since the last update, it has been working fine. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

userrqATbxnLU4
Constellation

I used my finger print for 1 1/2 years on my S9 and had n...

I used my finger print for 1 1/2 years on my S9 and had no issues whatsoever. I got the new S10 and can't use my fingerprint on this app and one more so far. It was fairly simple to switch from my s7 to my s9. So when my husband came up with the great idea of getting the s10, he reminded me how easily everything came over from the s6 to the s9. So I thought ok, since it was a great deal. Not as easy nothing came over it's been a week now and I still dont have this phone close to being set up. So I'm trying to do my samsung account app and my medical app I've spent another whole night and got nothing accomplished! I've been more sleep deprived drinking with this phone that I was with any of my newborn babies or Teens!