cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userHD2SBQGt3S
Asteroid

Fingerprint sensor experience -- after the S10 update

What's been everyone's experience after installing the latest update?

For me, it's still far from perfect. Even with the very latest update and with carefully registering all the fingerprints from many different angles.

At times, it will work just fine for several times in a row and I'll think, "Great. It's figured it out." The suddenly it will miss 3 or 4 times in a row even though my fingerprint is completely covering the sensor icon on the screen. 

I'm going to decide this weekend whether I can live with it. I may just have to return it in favor of a S10E that is guaranteed to work just fine.

#undecided  #sad

30 REPLIES 30
izephyr
Halo

Re: Fingerprint sensor experience -- after the S10 update

This is so worrying. The Jerry Rigs Everything video shows that the sensor is very small. So, maybe we have to remember the exact location of the sensor. I have tested and works fine. 5 out of 5. No miss. Maybe it depends on certain conditions. I have tested a demonstration unit. Lets see what the retail version performance is.

user41u8rVfT1X
Constellation

It's very hit or miss. Very inconsistent. I can do it 10 times in a row with both thumbs. Then all of a sudden when I need to get in my phone it's never work. Mostly saying cover it completely. I'm 6'5 240lbs, I thinks my large thumbs cover it completely lol. But seriously thinking about returning it because I know it'll be a while before the roll out another update. Its funny how all these content creators on YouTube can just touch the sensor and it works no problem.

TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

Mine keeps telling me that I need to press harder.
userTHdGuUOfra
Constellation

For me it doesn't work well. 

I wonder if the orientation of the finger (relative to the phone) must be also be taken in consideration. 

My S8 was easier to use.

JoeCo
Constellation

S10+ Secure Folder - Biometric Update

Is anyone else having an issue with a pending update for the secure folder on the S10+? It's from the TADownloader, it prompts to enter the Secure Folder, then asks to update the biometrics to a new version, but the update keeps failing and says: "Couldn't update, tap here to try again." I've done this a few times, always with the same result.

userBrmouh85zV
Astronaut

Re: S10+ Secure Folder - Biometric Update

I am having the exact same issue.

Is there a way to cancel the secure folder altogether? I have no need for it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userBrmouh85zV Are you able to complete the update in safe mode?

uservkqqrqhNpV
Constellation

Has anyone been able to solve the "couldn't update" issue?

userKICATIv71g
Constellation

I am also experiencing the same as you. It is so annoying!!! I guess I will give it a miss to update it. Unless there is a solution.  I guess it is hardly too fond solution here, probably have to call Samsung support to all why this happen