cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alienkid
Constellation

Fingerprints in Samsung Pay stopped working after update

I downloaded that fingerprint patch, and now my fingerprints don't work with samsung pay. They still unlock the phone and work with everything else, but with samsung pay, its broken

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fingerprints in Samsung Pay stopped working after update

Try setting up Samsung pay from the beginning

Highlighted

It gets worse, try Samsung Pass. It's now broken as well. 

With Samsung pay at least you (possibly)  have a pin backup. Samsung Pass is fingerprint only and you only get 10 attempts.

I am not closing my Samsung pay, losing all my gc and cc data just because your programmers botch a forced update on YOUR branded devices. 

If I have to create a new Samsung Pay. I'll close my account and sell my device. SP was a big feature of buy a Samsung device over cheaper alternatives but if it cant reliably and securely depend on it then the feature has ZERO value. 

Re-creating an account takes time, time I dont have everytime Samsung botches a new software patch.

Catcat36
Asteroid

I agree with you 100%. I just spent nearly $600 on a tab at 6 so I could use a bigger screen than my note 10 plus, I would love to be able to use Samsung pass on that easily. I realize it's not the end-all, but it's one of the main reasons I liked using Samsung products. It can autofill my password ,yet I still need a fingerprint to do it so not anyone can just add my passwords. I'm completely disgusted and frustrated. 

ToxicPoptart
Cosmic Ray

I had to put my fingerprints back in my phone and it started to work again. I had the same issue

usercGZHDkpFV0
Constellation

Yes. Delete your fingerprint and add it again. All the Samsung oay features will work again. 

homegrowntwinki
Constellation

Mine didn't do that, but ive kept using Pay, and my reward points don't change. Even though I'm a platinum member.

Barnyard
Constellation

Yes... takes 3 or 4 times and sometimes I have to use the pin

useraCdLnE0l4w
Constellation

This is the answer I got off the Samsung Support Twitter account, and it worked.

Let's clear the data of the Samsung Pass app. Please go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) > Samsung Pass app > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data. After doing these steps, please restart the phone and keep us posted.