cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thains941
Astronaut

Floating menu icon

12:48 AM

I have a floating icon at the top of my screen and it says menu. When I click on it. It drops down and gives me all these different options like overview, quick settings, enable, it also says that it can scan my phone and when I push that a blue bar comes down and scans. Keeps going amost like it`s rotating around and around and around. I tried everything to get rid of it. I`ve held it down it doesn`t move. I`ve tried to shut it down. Its still their. I've googled it and really couldn't find much. I did find a S8 that had kind of the same issue. I`ve even thought about doing a light factory reset, but I don`t know if I can do that or not.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Floating menu icon

Hey there,

Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to see if the icon still appears?

Press the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

Thains941
Astronaut

I just tried it. And it was gone. So what does that mean?

I just tried it. And it was gone. So what does that mean?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I just tried it. And it was gone. So what does that mean?

Awesome. That means it may be a third-party app that's causing this to appear. May I ask do you have a theme downloaded? If you do, Try switching to the default theme and see if that makes it disappear.

Thains941
Astronaut

I did purchase a background. But when I change it back it...

I did purchase a background. But when I change it back it's still there. 😣

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I did purchase a background. But when I change it back it...

Bummer. Try deleting the most recent third-party apps that you have downloaded and see if the menu icon still appears.

Thains941
Astronaut

It's still there.

It's still there.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: It's still there.

After checking the above suggested troubleshooting steps do you still experience this floating icon?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try double checking your accessibility shortcuts in your settings.

Navigate to your settings > accessibility > and check every option there to make sure nothing is enabled.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Thains941 

- settings

- tap on accessibility

- tap on interaction and dexterity

- toggle off assistant menu