Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zarrelli
Asteroid

Framed scratched with a silicon case, I am dumbfounded

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well,

I got an ESR mimic case before even getting my S10+. Got home, fitted the phone in the case. After a few days a nicer case I ordered from US hit the door, so I decided to pull the phone out of the ESR case and fit in the new holster. The fit is incredibly snug, I had to pull hard and once I got the phone in my hand, well, the 4 corners had scratches on metal frame. C'mon I get it is aluminum but that was rubber! Any idea on how to restore it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zarrelli
Asteroid

Re: Framed scratched with a silicon case, I am dumbfounded

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you guys, turned out that I peeled off the protection on the back but not that incredibly invisible thin layer around the edges. Peeled off and now the phone is in mint conditions. Jeez, I did not notice that layer and it is actually the first phone I own with such a kind of protection.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you remove the plastic wrapping that was along the 4 edges and back? I have an ESR minic glass too and haven't experienced any markings. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
zarrelli
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, as I told you, I cannot believe it myself. Plastic or not, it Aluminum should be harder.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It shouldn't be possible for a case to scratch an alum frame. So yes, it's difficult to accept. This won't matter much as far as trade ins, but scratches hurt resale value. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess that it is possible that some sand or grit was caught between the case and phone.

Seems really odd that it is scratched on every corner. 

zarrelli
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not make me think about it, jeez. On the second day I had it.

userH74itKB53u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, so, strange. I switch between cases 5 times in 2 weeks and dont even see a scratch. Id say its case your using anf maybe your fault by not being gentle with phones.

Highlighted
userH74itKB53u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Case fault and yours. Lol i have zero scratch on mine. Depends on how people puts their case. Some are animals putting a case. Just saying.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@zarrelli 

Ok I'm sure it's silly, and another user asked the same question, but I'm not sure you answered it. Are you sure you removed the plastic protective film that the phone ships with? There is a thin layer of plastic film all around the phone, it's obviously much softer and I can see that getting scratched up. Sometimes we don't realize the plastic is there, it can be hard to see. I has it on my camera on a Samsung tablet for years before I finally realized it was there and peeled it off.

Just saying.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
zarrelli
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you guys, turned out that I peeled off the protection on the back but not that incredibly invisible thin layer around the edges. Peeled off and now the phone is in mint conditions. Jeez, I did not notice that layer and it is actually the first phone I own with such a kind of protection.

View solution in original post