cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Yes, every time I open the app. I also receive a " Camera...

Just to clarify, when you cleared the cache and data, did you do that for snapchat or the stock camera app? 

Highlighted
SoloDoloDJ
Asteroid

I cleared the cache and data for the stock camera app. My...

I cleared the cache and data for the stock camera app. My front camera app is not working at all

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I cleared the cache and data for the stock camera app. My...

Thank you for that information. I would recommend factory resetting your device. The other option would be to do service on your device. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

GalaxyNut
Asteroid

Re: I cleared the cache and data for the stock camera app. My...

Hey Adam, I thought I should let someone that has a connection at samsung know the cause, since I have found the cause to this utter annoyance. It's the 'Scene Optimizer' that's causing this problem for many.

In the camera app go to the settings and turn off 'scene optimizer". For some reason it's causing the camera to glitch upon opening. Samsung should fix this eventually because it's clearly something software related. Sure, starting the phone from scratch might work, but for those who don't want to deal with that annoyance, this seems to do the trick.

GalaxyNut
Asteroid

Re: Front Camera failed - S10+

If you didn't already factory reset your device...I have found the cause to this utter annoyance.

In the camera app go to the settings and turn off 'scene optimizer". For some reason it's causing the camera to glitch upon opening. Samsung should fix this eventually because it's clearly something software related. Sure, starting the phone from scratch might work, but for those who don't want to deal with that annoyance, this seems to do the trick. Lemme know if it works for you.

usermUjJuR8gZw
Asteroid

I am having the same issue except for the back camera. 

I tried turning off scene optimizer and it still happens. This did not work for me.

I noticed it only happens when in Snapchat I have the camera on selfie mode and the camera app on back camera mode. It glitches out and fails. However, doesn't seem to be doing it for 3:4 ratio. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@SoloDoloDJ Does this still happen in safe mode?

usermUjJuR8gZw
Asteroid

This is unable to be tested in safe mode as Snapchat can't be opened in safe mode.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usermUjJuR8gZw Is Snapchat the only app you are experiencing an issue with?