cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Front facing and 2.0x camera failed after recent system update

My unlocked S10+ camera was functioning fine until a recent system update (ATT).  I have tried all the reset cache, delete camera data, force stop, partition cache, and boot in safe mode tricks and I am only able to use the 0.5x and 1.0x camera.  If I switch to 2.0x or the front facing cameras the app freezes then gives a Warning, Camera Failed error and I have to delete the app info and reset cache to get the 0.5x and 1.0x cameras working again.

Is there anyway to revert to the old system version that actually worked?  I haven't factory reset yet since I'm reading a lot of times it doesn't even fix the problem but if that's the only option I will consider it, assuming it actually works.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Front facing and 2.0x camera failed after recent system update

I would recommend trying to factory reset your device. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after factory resetting your device, then I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I did the factory reset and it did not fix the problem.  The wide angle and 1.0x rear facing cameras are the only two out of five cameras that function.  The 2.0x and both front facing cameras continue to crash the camera app.  There was even a system update yesterday that didn't fix the problem.

Highlighted

were u using 3rd party camera app for front camera zoom?

samsung's front camera does not zoom by default.

Highlighted
Astronaut

iam having exact same issue after update. plus apps and whole phone freezes. did a factory reset and still same issues. took phone in to store they have zero clue.