cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

GMail notifications not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since I received the android 10 update last month I noticed that under Accounts, under Goggle, my gmail doesn't sync like it used to, it gets stuck. I still get the e-mails but I don't get the notifications I have to manually sync it. I've already done safe mode, nothing. I am not doing a factory reset nor am I removing the account then putting it back, the last time I did that it was a nightmare... does anybody else have any suggestions.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jgheitman
Asteroid

Re: GMail notifications not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar issue. If I open gmail and manually refresh the emails come through. I had this issue with android 9 but when I took gmail off the list of battery optimized apps it removed the issue. With the android 10 update, it's back. I have a galaxy s9 for my work phone and that receives emails on gmail instantly, so I'm pretty sure it's tied to android 10 update...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forgot to add when the phone is charging or when it is open and I'm checking other apps I get the notifications it's only when the phone is off that this happens.

jgheitman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar issue. If I open gmail and manually refresh the emails come through. I had this issue with android 9 but when I took gmail off the list of battery optimized apps it removed the issue. With the android 10 update, it's back. I have a galaxy s9 for my work phone and that receives emails on gmail instantly, so I'm pretty sure it's tied to android 10 update...

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jgheitman Did you try clearing the cache for your gmail app?

Samsung_rSv0vao
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup

jgheitman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure how but how come I never had to before? Why is it not an issue on my Galaxy S9?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jgheitman Here are the steps to place your phone into safe mode. 

1. Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  3. To confirm, tap Safe mode.
    Note The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
    Note Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome. Keep us posted, if the symptom returns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just took Gmail off the list of battery optimized apps hopefully that helps, I also cleared the partition as well. Thanks for all the information appreciate it.