cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grevo
Constellation

Galaxy 10e overheating and battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy 10e is overheating and battery drain. Only lasts 2 or 3 hours. I even hadn't turned off for 3 hours at full charge and turned it on again and it was at 20% battery. What can I do to fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy 10e overheating and battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the steps @SamsungRei posted do not help, then the next recommended step is repairs. You're welcome to message us privately here with your model code and IMEI and we'd be happy to discuss this further with you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The battery drain itself can cause the phone to overheat. Take a look at the tips in these articles. They should be able to help!

Phone Feels Warm

Keep Your Phone at Its Normal Operating Temperature

userE8R1We1FXQ
Cosmic Ray

It might be one of the defective ones. You probably need...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It might be one of the defective ones. You probably need to ask for a replacement. Some of the first batch of S10's were defective and had heating up and data issues.

AG209
Constellation

Re: It might be one of the defective ones. You probably need...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is definitely a defective one. I would call Samsung about it and replace that one you currently have.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree with the others who suspect a defect...there were bad apples in the early S10 batches and it seems that you have one of them. Depending on when you bought your S10, you can attempt to return/exchange for a new one, or if you've had it awhile, you'll likely have to pursue repair with Samsung.

Battery charge should last 1-2 days if you're a light user, at least 20-24 hrs on moderate use...that number drops off if you're running games, constantly on calls, or you're checking Instagram more than half the day.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the steps @SamsungRei posted do not help, then the next recommended step is repairs. You're welcome to message us privately here with your model code and IMEI and we'd be happy to discuss this further with you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post