cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Galaxy S10+ Battery degrading quickly

Dear all,

I have had my Galaxy S10+ for half a year now. Brilliant device, but I have noticed that AccuBattery indicates the battery is already only at 88% of its design capacity (3600mAh from 4000 mAh). Is it normal that the battery degrades this quickly? I charge my phone every day, but I tend to keep it between 20% and 80%.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S10+ Battery degrading quickly

the only thing you can do is go on settings click on device care that will clean the app that not suppose to ruin on the background or what I do is if I'm not going to work I don't charge my phone at all that night until I wake up the next morning that should help with your battery.
Galaxy

I'm pretty sure with all android phones we all have the same issues. I've been using this phone for almost 2 years and my battery degrade at 84% out of 4100mAh.

By you just have half of a year and it's already at 88% this down quite a lot. Most phone can do 500 cycles charge from 0 to 100 is 1 full cycle. After hitting 500 full cycles, that is when you need to change to new battery.
FYI: I'm at 693 cycles
Galaxy

Re: Re: Galaxy S10+ Battery degrading quickly

you can check your battery cycles by using edge panel with app called "System Monitor Edge"
Galaxy

the scientist have shown that by you only charge your phone between 20% to 80% can cause you battery to degrade slower than 0 to 100.
Also if you have big case I suggest to remove when you charge because it make your phone cooldown easier since it being charge and it tend to heat up most of the time.