cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Galaxy S10+ Charging Port Melted

I plugged in my phone last night prior to going to bed, and made sure it showed it was charging as usual. I went to sleep, and woke up in the morning and noticed my battery hadn't charged at all. When I went to pull my USB C charging cable from my phone, it was burning hot to the touch and had partially melted inside my charging port. There were scorch marks on the cable as well. After inspecting and letting everything cool down, I tested several new cable s and my phone wont charge. IF it does by some coincidence, its extremely slow and I receive a message saying to check my charger then it stops charging after a couple %.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10+ Charging Port Melted

I am sorry to hear of your concern! Will you please send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone and any images you may have of the charging cable and port? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Good morning! I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

You shouldn't be leaving your phone plugged in to charge overnight. That's a practice from the early days of cell phones which used different battery technology than modern cell phones. If you owned a Pixel Google would have told you that you voided your warranty by leaving your phone plugged in overnight.

Highlighted
Constellation

Came home from work and plugged my phone in to charge, an hour later when I'm in the kitchen I hear a beeping, searched for it and realized it was my phone!! I quickly pulled it out and unplugged it from the wall where I burnt myself nicely. 

20200209_083542.jpg

What's going on here?!? 20200209_083516.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2