Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOJK7eeuWiq
Asteroid

Galaxy S10+ Fingerprint Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung Support.

I have a Galaxy S10 Plus and I recently received the update for the fingerprint. First at all, I can say that I don't have any issue with the fingerprint related to unlocking the phone by any other way than my finger. Quite the contrary, there are times when I have to try several times before I unlock it.

Because of that, I declined to update the fingerprint. An yes, it doesn't update it, but the notification remaining at the top of the screen is really annoying. I know the responsibility you have to resolve security issues on your phones, but you should also take in consideration those users that are not experiencing the issue because the circumstance are different. I installed to my cel phone the UV gel application tempered glass screen protector, which is an expensive one. If I'm enforced to update the fingerprint, I would have to remove the screen protector and I will lose the money I paid for it and I will need to buy another one, even though I have no issues with the fingerprint of my cell phone.

My suggestion is to left the owner to decide whether or not he/she wants to update without constantly remember it at the top of the screen.

In addition, you said to not use any screen protector, which represent a mayor risk for us the owners. Galaxy S10 is not a cheap phone at all, so we need to have a way to protect it.

I also had to postpone the latest update of the phone to avoid issues with the fingerprint.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy S10+ Fingerprint Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you update it doesn't erase the fingerprints you already have stored on your phone. If you were affected by the issue Samsung recommends that you delete and re-enroll your fingerprints. If you weren't affected you can just keep using the fingerprints that you previously enrolled before the update which is what I did. You won't lose anything by updating and will not be forced to enroll new fingerprints.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, this post is pointless. The update has to be sent to every single Galaxy Phone that uses such features. If you hate the notification than update. You won't lose anything by doing so. Updates are critical for your security. But hey... I guess you hate things that secure your credentials.👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

userOJK7eeuWiq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for bothering you with a no point comment, but instead of writing you could ignore it and that would be better.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you update it doesn't erase the fingerprints you already have stored on your phone. If you were affected by the issue Samsung recommends that you delete and re-enroll your fingerprints. If you weren't affected you can just keep using the fingerprints that you previously enrolled before the update which is what I did. You won't lose anything by updating and will not be forced to enroll new fingerprints.

View solution in original post

userOJK7eeuWiq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did not update it because the issues other people been refered after installed the fix. I really like the future, but I'm trying to not have to remove the screen protector.

Thank you for your answer.

Ejm5560
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So multiple things, that update isnt only for the fingerprints it also has other minor things. Updates exist to protect people and services. The update does not delete fingerprints. Also they provide screen protector replacements for s10s

userOJK7eeuWiq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My concern is that the sensor would no longer work after the update and have to remove the screen protector.

Thank you for your comment.

Ejm5560
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would the sensor not work after its updated? The update includes improvements you dont need to remove it or anything , if you want to follow instructions you may re scan tour fingers but that's all

userOJK7eeuWiq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your comment

TimmyPaige
Astronaut

Fingerprint sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes when I try to use my fingerprint sensor on my S10+, sometimes it won't read my print right away. How do i fix that?