cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy S10+ GPS Issue

I have a galaxy s10+ and I'm having constant GPS issues. The location jumps 200-300 yards away from my location on any app that uses location (google maps, pokemon go, waze etc...). I have not been able to find a fix through the forums or searching through google.

I have tried:
-Wiping the cache
-Putting high location accuracy on
-turning off powersave
-reinstalling maps
-clearing google services
-rebooting
-updating to newest system update

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10+ GPS Issue

I am having the same issue on three different phones - S7, S7 Edge, and S10.

Product Expert

It's normal for the GPS to have some margin of error, however, 200-300 yards is pretty excessive. If the device is too hot, it will affect the GPS feature. Data and signal strength can also affect accuracy. If the device is under ideal conditions (not over heated) and the GPS is malfunctioning by a large margin, you should bring it to an authorized repair center for a diagnostic and make sure the sensors are not defective. Make sure you back up your data before you bring it to a repair center.

Highlighted
Product Expert

This sounds like a very frustrating issue specially with the steps that youve taken to troube shoot in diffrent ways. The one thing on thats not on your list that Id recomend is to try and Calibrate your Compass on your phone sometimes the calibration is off and just needs to be reset. If that dose not work for you, Id recommend contacting a Samsung Experiance Store or licenced Samsung store and having them run diagnostics on your phone to see exactly what is causing you this issue.  

Highlighted
Product Expert

i would second that diagnostics test,  due to covid i understand not many shops are open and would definitely recommend going to a samsung experience store or a samsung authorized center to run a diagnostics. it could be a back end error but its always good to be on the safe side

Highlighted
Product Expert

Have you tried to turn off the wifi when this happens? Sometimes if wifi is on and picking up random open wifi locations, that will cause location jumps.

Highlighted
Product Expert

What is the carrier you are using? was it always this way? or only after the update?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey hun i have a suggestion im not sure if this would work but try deleting some apps that you dont use at all .. sometimes certian apps can conflict with your Gps. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Good Afternoon userigiw4ve0cw,

GPS issues can be frustrating at times therefore I apologize any inconvience this may have caused. You may need to calibrate your gps sensor if all has not worked for you. If possible you can dial *#0*# a testing window will appear. Look for sensors. Select the sensor option, look for magentic sensor to make sure the point is the color blue with the number 3 displayed. If not simply walk around in an open environment until that point color is blue with the number 3. If you see a red or green color then the device GPS may need to get calibrated. If it is blue with the number 3 then it is advised to call 1800 Samsung for a mail in repair or try your local authorized Samsung repair center on the online portal at Samsung.com

To back out of the test menu please the back button until you are at your regular dialer pad on your device. Good LuckWoman Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

My Note 10 plus does the same thing. Sometimes jumps from going straight on the freeway to get off turn here and there, then back to the freeway. I just keep going straight and it eventually gets back to where I actually am. Or sometimes off to the right a little. I never these issues until I upgraded from my S8 to this note 10.