cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

Galaxy S10 Night Mode Screen timeout Bug

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the night mode is turned on, in S10, the next morning it does NOT revert back the screen timeout but STAYS at 30 seconds. Every morning I have to go into Settings --> Display and move it back to the time I want. It should NOT stay at 30 sec. When night mode custom time ends, should it not revert back to the custom timeout time? Do I have to MANUALLY  edit the timeout every single day? Any fix for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userGalaxyS10
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10 Night Mode Screen timeout Bug

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the fix in another thread. Here it is - 

Settings --> Device Care --> Battery --> 3 dots --> Settings Optimize Settings --> Turn OFF

And it WORKED. No more timeout issues Smiley Happy 

Much better option which I would recommend is - Follow same steps as above. Do not turn off Optimize Settings. Instead touch on it and you will see 3 more options under Optimize Settings. Here turn off Screen timeout. 

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen when testing your S10 in safe mode?

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I have not tested in Safe mode. I'm talking about day to day use. At a custom set time my phone goes into Night mode and in the morning back to day mode. I believe the screen timeout reduces to 30 seconds in the Night mode, which should then revert back in the morning but it does not happen. Every morning, I have to manually set the screen timeout from 30 sec to 10 min.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand I would recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still persist.

Turning on Safe Mode is as easy as it is safe. First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

Also, Try wiping the cache partition. See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright will try these options and let you know if it worked. Thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome. Keep us posted.

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: So wiping cache partition did not work. However I noticed something weird. After wiping the cache partition I checked several times before going to bed and the screen timout remained at 10 minutes (even after the Night mode kicked in). In the morning before Night mode turned off I checked the time out was at 30 seconds. I guess when the phone remains idle for several hours, something is triggering the timeout to switch from 10 min to 30 sec. I have not tried the safe mode yet. Tonight I am trying the "turn off adaptive battery" suggestion. If it still does not work, will try the Safe mode tomorrow night.. Experiments, experiments, so much fun!!

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:  Turned on Safe Mode. All okay till night before I went to sleep. Morning same thing - Timeout was at 30 seconds. I manually set it to 10 min and turned off the Safe Mode

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try turning off adaptive battery, that is more likely to cause this than night mode. You may even try not enabling night mode and leave it over night to see if it changes screen time out.

userlbVERYAXpG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned off the adaptive battery. Lets see if that works. Thank you for replying