JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

(Topic created: 03-12-2019 03:59 PM)
NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

62 Replies
useruwxSqNUJjR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found a fix!  Someone in another thread suggested using an app called "Bluetooth Force Pin Pair" by Solvaig JSC.  I first unpaired the car and S10, then paired it using the app.  So far, so good.

0 Likes
Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Adam,

I have the same issue.  We did some troubleshooting and discovered it's Only the phone bluetooth.  Audio stays connected.  Jaguar and Ford will allow you to connect only audio and when we did that we stayed connected.  As soon as we connected the phone the connection dropped Every time.  We went into the Verizon store yesterday and the girl went through all the steps listed on this forum and nothing resolved our issue.  As the previous poster mentioned, Android Auto does not support Jaguar so there's no reason for us to use that.  My husband's 2017 Toyota Tundra also drops the connection and he also does not use Android Auto.  The Verizon girl tried to give us that solution and I went ahead and did it, just to satisfy all the troubleshooting attempts, but nothing was resolved.

The full model number of the phone:  SM-G975U

Baseband version of the phone:  G975USQS1ASD9

Year, make and model of the vehicle: 2018 Jaguar XF 25t and 2017 Toyota Tundra

Service Provider: Verizon Business

It's a Major issue for us as we use our phones for business and it's beyond unprofessional to have calls dropping when speaking with investors who invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into each project.  My husband operates in a mobile office (his truck) so he experiences this far more than I do.  He's also the one who speaks to more people, or rather, hangs up on more people these days.  Our S8+ phones never dropped connection so this is something new with the S10 Plus.

The girl at Verizon told us there was a bluetooth stabilization update pending and Samsung was waiting for all the service providers to accept it; however, my husband noticed that update was pushed out May 20, 2019, which would be the baseband version we have currently.  We both concur that update did Not stabilize the phone connection for bluetooth.  Yesterday in the first 10 minutes of our drive my phone disconnected 7 times.  We tried his phone to rule out the potential of mine being the culprit and his also dropped connection numerous times.

One suggestion was to turn off battery optimization for bluetooth (Horrible solution, with BT being a battery hog, but we're desperate and have car chargers), but that did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes
kateyes
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S10 plus just completely removed connection to my car. I'm sure its a software thing, but they need to fix it soon. 

0 Likes
userDFjzgBFZY7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

try optimize battery > turn off Bluetooth battery management. worked for me. 

0 Likes
AndrewFox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem. When I updated to android 9 and Samsung one ui on my S9+ that's where it all started. After that update I lost all metadata on my car with bluetooth, I tried it in a few other cars and it seemed to work just not with mine for some reason. I drive a 2013 Audi S4 for reference. I got the Galaxy S10+ and had Hopes that the problem was fixed. I connected to my car and same thing, no metadata and music would stop playing randomly after screen turns off and then would resume when I wake the screen. Also am no longer able to skip or pause tracks from the button on my steering wheel or the skip button on my phone on the lock screen. I have to unlock my phone open spotify and open the song playing to have any control. Maybe it's an issue with spotify and it's not fully compatible with the phones latest updates? I am also having the same problem with all music streaming apps and even music that is downloaded directly to my phone so it can't just be spotify. I hope Samsung can put out a fix for this.

0 Likes
usersfHyGOc3po
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issue with spotify but I was able to resolve the issue. Go to device care in settings,  click the battery, click the three dots in the upper corner, select SLEEPING APPS, and delete spotify from the list. Or just search "sleeping apps" in finder search. You can also set a Bixby routine to play spotify when it connects to your car... if you experience your car trying to start another music app like mine did

0 Likes
userlrqpKtuahd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having same ptoblem with my s10 plus. Evertime I play a song using my bluetooth speaker or headphone after a few seconds it stops. It's really doing my headin I gave up on iphone x and apple that I used it for many years just to give Samsung a chance and not even a week I'm already having problems 😞

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried the following?

optimize battery > turn off Bluetooth battery management

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOojepVFo3N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having similiar problem listening to podcasts. It will stop working unless I go move the phone around, and then some times my bluetooth headphones just drop connection.  I tried the above options suggested and didn't work

0 Likes
userUopG6Fr1nn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://youtu.be/HnoxUftXFqI

Watch this video, the phone actually puts the app to sleep, which prevents the bluetooth from working (battery optimization issue)

0 Likes