The full model number of the phone:

Baseband version of the phone:

Year, make and model of the vehicle:

Service Provider:

useruwxSqNUJjR
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, I'm having the same problem with my S10 paired my my car.  It's a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace S.  Here are the phone specs:

Model: SM-G973U1

Baseband version: G973U1UEU1ASD3

Carrier: T-Mobile (unlocked)

The Bluetooth disconnects and reconnects every few seconds when using any music app and phone calls.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruwxSqNUJjR Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread?

useruwxSqNUJjR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Adam, I reset the network settings and checked to make sure the apps weren't being put to sleep while in the background.  I have no issues with the Galaxy buds, though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruwxSqNUJjR Give these steps a try: 1. Turn off the ignition. 

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes. 

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone. 

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF 

5. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition on. 

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio: 
     6.1 Select Home Screen 
     6.2 Select "Settings" 
     6.3 Ensure the "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left 
     6.4 Select "Phones" 
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in the list 
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name 
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device" 
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational. 

7. Reinstall Android Auto. 

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

useruwxSqNUJjR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Adam, thank you for the steps, but I don't use Android auto.  The car doesn't support it.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified with the software on the audio system in your car is up to date?

useruwxSqNUJjR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a fix!  Someone in another thread suggested using an app called "Bluetooth Force Pin Pair" by Solvaig JSC.  I first unpaired the car and S10, then paired it using the app.  So far, so good.

Highlighted
Trippet
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Adam,

I have the same issue.  We did some troubleshooting and discovered it's Only the phone bluetooth.  Audio stays connected.  Jaguar and Ford will allow you to connect only audio and when we did that we stayed connected.  As soon as we connected the phone the connection dropped Every time.  We went into the Verizon store yesterday and the girl went through all the steps listed on this forum and nothing resolved our issue.  As the previous poster mentioned, Android Auto does not support Jaguar so there's no reason for us to use that.  My husband's 2017 Toyota Tundra also drops the connection and he also does not use Android Auto.  The Verizon girl tried to give us that solution and I went ahead and did it, just to satisfy all the troubleshooting attempts, but nothing was resolved.

The full model number of the phone:  SM-G975U

Baseband version of the phone:  G975USQS1ASD9

Year, make and model of the vehicle: 2018 Jaguar XF 25t and 2017 Toyota Tundra

Service Provider: Verizon Business

It's a Major issue for us as we use our phones for business and it's beyond unprofessional to have calls dropping when speaking with investors who invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into each project.  My husband operates in a mobile office (his truck) so he experiences this far more than I do.  He's also the one who speaks to more people, or rather, hangs up on more people these days.  Our S8+ phones never dropped connection so this is something new with the S10 Plus.

The girl at Verizon told us there was a bluetooth stabilization update pending and Samsung was waiting for all the service providers to accept it; however, my husband noticed that update was pushed out May 20, 2019, which would be the baseband version we have currently.  We both concur that update did Not stabilize the phone connection for bluetooth.  Yesterday in the first 10 minutes of our drive my phone disconnected 7 times.  We tried his phone to rule out the potential of mine being the culprit and his also dropped connection numerous times.

One suggestion was to turn off battery optimization for bluetooth (Horrible solution, with BT being a battery hog, but we're desperate and have car chargers), but that did not resolve the issue.