JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

(Topic created: 03-08-2019 12:55 PM)
NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
62 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@NickyNick2020

Please send a PM with the following information: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Model number of the phone:

Baseband version of the phone:

Year, make and model of the vehicle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userEV1LcIokIe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem with both my phone and my wife's phone.  It will not stay connected in either of our cars or any other bluetooth devices. None of the fixes seem to work, this needs to be taken care of.

0 Likes
Red-Beard
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I have it fixed. See my solution below. It is a power saving function causing the issue. You do not fix it in the Bluetooth menu or in the Program options. You have to find the App in the APPS menu and look for additional settings. My issue came up with Amazon Music. I fixed the issue for both power savings and background data for streaming.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Bluetooth-issues/m-p/540230/highlight/true#M10638

0 Likes
user6q8SYuSswI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've gone through every potential issue in this very long thread without success. I have an S10 and a Jaguar XE. The phone continuously disconnects, even when I am not using it.

I've tried the battery optimization but it doesn't work and can even happen right after a phone reboot with no apps running (even if I am not on the phone or playing music).

I've tried the third party connection apps with no success.

This did not happen with my Galaxy S8 in the same car. It only started happening on my S10 from day 1. This is super frustrating and even though I've been a Samsung phone user for many years, I'm considering switching due primarily to this issue.

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm going in Friday to see if Jaguar has an update.  The service rep told me they did get a memo about Android and Jaguar having an issue.  He said it wasn't going to be an update they're made aware of, it will be something that's done when we go in for service.  Since mine had the nav card missing I'm getting that installed and will see if they have an update.  I'll post an update either way so other Jag owners will know whether to go in or wait.

Bluetooth should be backwards compatible, especially with a car that's only 2 years old.  I don't pretend to know Everything, but every article I've read backs me up on this theory - if Android made it truly backwards compatible there shouldn't be a need for an update.  Maybe someone more knowledgable can explain it.

0 Likes
Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Jaguar update was a bust.  I spent 3 hours in the dealership having them test and update.  Works Fine with iPhones and S8s but as soon as an S10+ is hooked up for phone calls, boom, dropped.  I connected phone calls and audio, dropped Immediately and went straight to FM radio.  I turn off phone calls and I have Bluetooth audio the entire way home.  I connect at home for phone calls, Bluetooth dropped instantly and went to FM radio.  I looked in the Media menu and only had FM / AM / USB options, no Bluetooth.  Turn off phone calls and Bluetooth Audio shows up in the menu.  Unbelievable.

I have tried everyting within reason:

• Samsung cusomer service couldn't solve it
  • WeBreakWhatUBring couldn't be bothered to try to solve it, though they lied about doing everything
  • Jaguar update didn't solve it
  • Verizon was of no help
  • Soft reset didn't resolve it
  • Factory reset didn't resolve it
  • It drops in a Toyota, Jaguar, and Volkswagen; though the connection in the Toyota is more stable than the Jaguar
    • It's not only my phone - the husband's S10+ also disconnects
  • My headphones, with the latest Bluetooth updates, drops when connected for phone calls, works fine when connected for only audio
  • Optimization doesn't matter for this issue because it's Only the phone call connection causing an issue
    • Media works fine
    • It's only the phone call connection that causes a problem
      • Yes, that's repeated - it's because people aren't grasping that it's Only the phone call connection that doesn't work
        • Media connection is stable Smiley Frustrated

My next step is to go to Verizon and trade in for an iPhone.  iPhone may be worthy of being made fun of for many reasons, but at least I'll have a working Bluetooth connection!

0 Likes
user2m5XiVFkUm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dont know if you got this resolved, but my streaming music app (iHeart) was in the sleeping apps. Once removed from sleeping apps, issue resolved on my Galaxy S10.

0 Likes
AlexiD12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So almost a year later I want to update that it appears that Samsung/Android has resolved this issue.  As I stated in other posts, I had tried everything and the bluetooth would constantly disconnect with my Samsung S10+ and 2018 F-Pace.  Iphones worked fine, Older versions of Android before 9 worked fine, but Android 10 was a disaster in this regard.

I just brought my car in for its first service and they did software updates, but the problem was most likely resolved in the last OTA update from Verizon on my phone.  I had learned that if you disable phone on bluetooth menu and keep audio streaming on, the phone would be stable. It was when I would enable the phone, it would disconnect constantly.  I reneabled the phone about a month ago, and it has been stable working normally. Finally!  Thank you Samsung/Google for tormenting me for 10 months, but it seems good now.

0 Likes
usersHXNNyhsbM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The phone is simple set to save your battery power, and so disables the data connectivity for certain apps when the phone sleeps, (screen not on). Adjuat the setting and you will be good to go. The is only as smart as the user.

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Or, Samsung could make that obvious as previous models did Not cause BT to disconnect in favor of saving the battery charge.  Woman Frustrated  There was no need to go through all that rigmarole to prevent disconnects on previous phone versions.  FYI, you're saying that Samsung, Verizon, Samsung again, and UBringWeBreak are all dumber than the phone because not One of them found this to be intuitive and not one of them were able to assist me.  In fact, every last one of them told me it was the car's fault. 

0 Likes