cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWKvt3yKCnF
Constellation

Galaxy S10 Yellowish Screen Display

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've been comparing both screen displays of my S9 and S10 and it completely shows that my S9 has a whiter screen background while the S10 display looks kinda yellow. Both display settings are at default and I've even tried messing with the RGB settings of my S10 but it still doesn't look better than the S9's. Could this be a defective unit? Or is someone else having the same issue?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ktackett1
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S10 Yellowish Screen Display

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I learned a trick on YouTube when having the pink/red tint problem on the s8 and s8 plus. If you still see a weird shade of white even though your blue light filter is off, I know this sounds weird but, download google books if you don't already have it and go to read a book. If you don't have one there are free ones I think. When "reading" it, there will be a font option that looks like the same symbol from Microsoft word, the double A. Click it and swipe the night mode option to off. Made a world of a difference for me when the built in display settings weren't cutting it.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've noticed it too when compared to my Note9 (which I still have, it's a trade in but I'm still deciding if I really want to switch it to S10, Note9 feels like a more polished product overall so far, but the S10 has some very cool features). They did say they have reduced the blue light in a new screen by 30%, which will make it look a little bit more red, or yellow, and I think switching it to Vivid display more and then dropping color balance one sort to blue makes it appear close to Note9. Even then, when I open an app with white background, Note9 looks more natural, but it might be juselt because I'm used to that. OK, it's a lot of words... Bottom line: it's by design, and this warmer color is better for your eyes. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWKvt3yKCnF this is totally normal. The S10 line reduces harmful blue light more than previous devices. This will help to reduce eye fatigue and noninterference of sleep patterns moreso than before, without even having the blue light filter on! 🙂 Think of it as a subtle background blue light filter you don't have to worry about haha. 

useroOPsRo4qkd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Search the thread a bit. I complained of the same issue a few days ago, it turns out it was being caused by the pre installed screen protector. Peel it off and you'll notice a change right away

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hm, that may be. The pre installed screen protector is terrible. I ripped it off after less than an hour. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
denisecampos
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What changes did you notice?

userB6TNlczYLC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Go to settings- Display- Screen mode- Change from natural to Vivid, you can also change the Color Temp from cool to warm or even play around with the R G B
Ktackett1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I learned a trick on YouTube when having the pink/red tint problem on the s8 and s8 plus. If you still see a weird shade of white even though your blue light filter is off, I know this sounds weird but, download google books if you don't already have it and go to read a book. If you don't have one there are free ones I think. When "reading" it, there will be a font option that looks like the same symbol from Microsoft word, the double A. Click it and swipe the night mode option to off. Made a world of a difference for me when the built in display settings weren't cutting it.

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The screen protector shouldn't cause any discoloring. Interesting 😯

If you put the S9 side by side to a S10 at the same display settings(blue light filter off), you will notice a large difference in the inherent blue light. I think it's really smart of Samsung to reduce blue light inherently without a filter. 🙂

userNKSzPrcd7b
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks to you!

Problem solved on my s9+ with pie; it should be the same on a s10 and it seems Google added a night light setting and put it on over Samsung ui. Too get to it you have to install an app and download a book but do exactly as written above and this should solve your problem. 

It is not the screen protector or the blue light filter except if it is on!

Thanks again