Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peet777
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S10 battery drains fast/getting warm in pocket without any usage

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys i have a very weird problem with my S10, when I'm on the move, keeping my phone in my pocket it is warm all the time and it drains the 10-15% of battery per hour without any usage, so it drains the battery from 100% to 0% within 8-10 hours without any single unlock  but when I'm at home and I'm not wearing it in pocket it lasts significantly longer and it is not getting warm, for an example.. i can watch hours and hours 4k videos on youtube, and battery drains slower than when i walk with it and not using it at all.. that is very weird, any idea what causes that?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peet777
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10 battery drains fast/getting warm in pocket without any usage

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have solved the issue disabling AOD and Double tap to wake up, in another thread i found that was related to proximity sensor, OK problem was partially solved, but hope next software update to solve this problem permanently
14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@peet777 does this happen when the device is in safe mode? (Press and hold power button, press and hold power off, select safe mode). If this doesn't happen when you test the phone in safe mode, then it is a 3rd party app causing the problem. 

Aside from that, are there any apps causing excessive power drain in your battery usage?

peet777
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum I can try that tomorrow, when i go to work and spend 8 hours with S10 in my pocket, when i check the battery settings, i can see that Google Play services consumed my battery the most today, 19 hours of background usage of 21 hours total today, I'm not sure either is tha normal or not

peet777
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum  btw thanks for letting me know how to enter the safe mode on S10 Smiley Happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@peet777 do you usually always have sync enabled? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that this only happens while not using your device, and not while you're actually using it. 😭

peet777
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i have sync enabled.. and i had it also and still have it enabled on my old device Galaxy S7, and i didn't experience such as problems, it is not due to wether i use my device or not, the problem is when the device is in my pocket.. i think i have exactly the same problem like this user https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Proximity-sensor-issue/m-p/499359/highlight/true#M521...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would also recommend keeping your device optimized for better performance with your battery life as well.

Settings> Device care > Optimize now is the pathway you would want to follow.

Hope this finds you well

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

peet777
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do that regulary 3 to 5 times a day, but it doesn't help at all

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a PM with your full model code and serial number so that I may look into this. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

peet777
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have solved the issue disabling AOD and Double tap to wake up, in another thread i found that was related to proximity sensor, OK problem was partially solved, but hope next software update to solve this problem permanently