JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 charger port fire

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 6:01 PM)
user2Qc4W5cLIO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Well, looks like I will join the party. Woke up at 3:30am this morning to my phone almost too hot to touch, and the charge port melted out. Appears to have had a thermal event.  Unplugged the phone just in time, but now no longer will charge unless on wireless charging dock.  Hopefully Samsung will remedy this quickly. 

userEoBX27vmVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I was charging my phone overnight and woke up to a strange alert sound from my phone. When I looked at my phone it said that my phone was overheating etc. The charging port on my phone is now burnt and it won't charge. This is not acceptable for a phone which is only 6 months old and extremely concerning. I have reached out to Samsung on Twitter but did not receive a very helpful response. I have used Samsung products for many years but I am really unhappy with this situation because I don't think it's acceptable for this to happen to a new phone & was not impressed with the customer service response that I got. Additionally, I worry that if I did not hear this sound it could have resulted in my phone exploding.

userfqUvtEfNrx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I just had the same thing happen to my s10. Started seeing smoke pouring out of the charge port while driving. Disconnected the charger, but the port is melted and burned. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

@userfqUvtEfNrx Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and any pictures you may have of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userS6hoU64C8Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

The same thing just happened to my Samsung 10+. I was sitting there and saw smoke and pulled the plug out quickly 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hey, just wanted to touch base. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes
Samsung_R0Fapgu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

I have the same problem to with my s10. I have only had my phone for about 6 mthz

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userfwcPtrGdaE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I am having the same exact issue! I have only had this phone for 6 months. This is unacceptable 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

@userfwcPtrGdaE I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?