cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user2Qc4W5cLIO
Constellation

Galaxy S10 charger port fire

Well, looks like I will join the party. Woke up at 3:30am this morning to my phone almost too hot to touch, and the charge port melted out. Appears to have had a thermal event.  Unplugged the phone just in time, but now no longer will charge unless on wireless charging dock.  Hopefully Samsung will remedy this quickly. 

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10 charger port fire

@user2Qc4W5cLIO I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?

Gecka8282
Constellation

SAME HERE. I've had the phone about 2 months. Was Samsung able to do anything to help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message as well?

userOVmhtDRoJV
Astronaut

Hi I got the same problem, now my S10 is unable to turn on because I left it too hot overnight, the charge port get extremely hot and melts out when I plug the charger in. Hopefully you guys can do something about this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOVmhtDRoJV Can I please have a picture of the symptom you are experience and your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userc4LRR38eu2
Astronaut

I have the S10E and have the same issue 

userEoBX27vmVn
Constellation

I was charging my phone overnight and woke up to a strange alert sound from my phone. When I looked at my phone it said that my phone was overheating etc. The charging port on my phone is now burnt and it won't charge. This is not acceptable for a phone which is only 6 months old and extremely concerning. I have reached out to Samsung on Twitter but did not receive a very helpful response. I have used Samsung products for many years but I am really unhappy with this situation because I don't think it's acceptable for this to happen to a new phone & was not impressed with the customer service response that I got. Additionally, I worry that if I did not hear this sound it could have resulted in my phone exploding.

Samsung_R0Fapgu
Astronaut

I have the same problem to with my s10. I have only had my phone for about 6 mthz

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?