So I guess I will join in also. A week ago my phone just stopped charging I started smelling a burnt electrical smell so pulled the charger cord out. I noticed the back, bottom of my phone was extremely hot and when I pulled the cord out the metal on the charging cord was so hot it actually burned my finger. I tried another cord and the same thing happened. I tried both of these cords with an old s2 tablet I no longer use and the cords both worked like they are supposed to. I can only imagine if this would have happened while I was sleeping. As hot as the phone and cord were I can guarantee if it had been overnight the phone would have caught on fire and probably caused other thing in my bedroom to go up in flames. They made me send it to Texas to be fixed and failed to mention they needed the charging cord and charger box sent with the phone also. They also failed to tell me a paper had to be sent in with the phone explaining the issues. Now most likely my phone will be sent back without them even touching it. Samsung your customer service needs to improve and you need to not leave your customers without a phone for weeks due to a defective device.
Many (not all) of these incidents are occurring when phones are being charged overnight--which people shouldn't be doing. That hasn't been a recommended practice since the days of Android Lollipop. If you do that with a Pixel phone and it gets damaged Google voids the phone warranty under the abuse of device category.
My S10+ just did that this morning. My phone was very hot when I woke up and now it looks almost melted at the charging port. My phone keeps getting an error that "the connected USB device isn't supported". I've only had the phone for about a year and bought it brand new!
Hey, I lost my USB-C Charging port by melting and high temp (burning temp)...
Using any charging cable won’t be the problem not because of the wire it is because of the S10 built!
the USB-C Charging port is fitted directly on the mainboard.. So, the thing can go on high temps without a problem but if the said port was fitted by wire or other method it would melt internally and save the device and cable maybe a house or a car too...
honestly I think Samsung have an idea already I have been using mobile devices from the age of the GSM age as Car fitted phone and from that age until today never ever had this problem accruing as it is clearly not a cable problem but it is a wrong investment to buy a flag ship from Samsung I am done with them!
Note: I used the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to charge using the same cable and other devices never any complained or refused the cable!
Thank you for reaching out. Please keep us posted if you need any further assistance.
Having the same problem. Just tried charging with the Samsung charger and it melted the USB c port partially and smells like an electric fire. Also only had the phone for about a year.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?
Hi there samsung, I also have the same issue where the charger port has melted and the wire on a 12 month old device.
It was smoking after about 60 seconds. Please assist!