cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2Qc4W5cLIO
Constellation

Galaxy S10 charger port fire

Well, looks like I will join the party. Woke up at 3:30am this morning to my phone almost too hot to touch, and the charge port melted out. Appears to have had a thermal event.  Unplugged the phone just in time, but now no longer will charge unless on wireless charging dock.  Hopefully Samsung will remedy this quickly. 

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10 charger port fire

@user2Qc4W5cLIO I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?

Sviatlana_sveti
Constellation

And I have the same!!!in 7 months

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Sviatlana_sveti I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Gecka8282
Constellation

SAME HERE. I've had the phone about 2 months. Was Samsung able to do anything to help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message as well?

userOVmhtDRoJV
Astronaut

Hi I got the same problem, now my S10 is unable to turn on because I left it too hot overnight, the charge port get extremely hot and melts out when I plug the charger in. Hopefully you guys can do something about this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOVmhtDRoJV Can I please have a picture of the symptom you are experience and your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userc4LRR38eu2
Astronaut

I have the S10E and have the same issue 

userEoBX27vmVn
Asteroid

I was charging my phone overnight and woke up to a strange alert sound from my phone. When I looked at my phone it said that my phone was overheating etc. The charging port on my phone is now burnt and it won't charge. This is not acceptable for a phone which is only 6 months old and extremely concerning. I have reached out to Samsung on Twitter but did not receive a very helpful response. I have used Samsung products for many years but I am really unhappy with this situation because I don't think it's acceptable for this to happen to a new phone & was not impressed with the customer service response that I got. Additionally, I worry that if I did not hear this sound it could have resulted in my phone exploding.