cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10 charger port fire

My S10+ just did that this morning. My phone was very hot when I woke up and now it looks almost melted at the charging port. My phone keeps getting an error that "the connected USB device isn't supported". I've only had the phone for about a year and bought it brand new!

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey, I lost my USB-C Charging port by melting and high temp (burning temp)...

Using any charging cable won’t be the problem not because of the wire it is because of the S10 built! 

the USB-C Charging port is fitted directly on the mainboard.. So, the thing can go on high temps without a problem but if the said port was fitted by wire or other method it would melt internally and save the device and cable maybe a house or a car too... 

honestly I think Samsung have an idea already I have been using mobile devices from the age of the GSM age as Car fitted phone and from that age until today never ever had this problem accruing as it is clearly not a cable problem but it is a wrong investment to buy a flag ship from Samsung I am done with them! 

Note: I used the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to charge using the same cable and other devices never any complained or refused the cable!

Highlighted
Astronaut

6-29-2020 charger port melted In a matter of 3 minutes.  Samsung is sending box out to evaluate the damage of phone .

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Please keep us posted if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same problem.  Just tried charging with the Samsung charger and it melted the USB c port partially and smells like an electric fire.  Also only had the phone for about a year.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi there samsung, I also have the same issue where the charger port has melted and the wire on a 12 month old device.

It was smoking after about 60 seconds. Please assist!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar