cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfqUvtEfNrx
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10 charger port fire

I just had the same thing happen to my s10. Started seeing smoke pouring out of the charge port while driving. Disconnected the charger, but the port is melted and burned. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userfqUvtEfNrx Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and any pictures you may have of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Samsung_R0Fapgu
Astronaut

I have the same problem to with my s10. I have only had my phone for about 6 mthz

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userfwcPtrGdaE
Constellation

I am having the same exact issue! I have only had this phone for 6 months. This is unacceptable 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userfwcPtrGdaE I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message?

Samsung_UtLq4Eu
Astronaut

I had the same issue with my port, went to an official Samsung store and got it fixed for free

userv6SnObRL2G
Constellation

So I guess I will join in also. A week ago my phone just stopped charging I started smelling a burnt electrical smell so pulled the charger cord out. I noticed the back, bottom of my phone was extremely hot and when I pulled the cord out the metal on the charging cord was so hot it actually burned my finger. I tried another cord and the same thing happened. I tried both of these cords with an old s2 tablet I no longer use and the cords both worked like they are supposed to. I can only imagine if this would have happened while I was sleeping. As hot as the phone and cord were I can guarantee if it had been overnight the phone would have caught on fire and probably caused other thing in my bedroom to go up in flames. They made me send it to Texas to be fixed and failed to mention they needed the charging cord and charger box sent with the phone also. They also failed to tell me a paper had to be sent in with the phone explaining the issues. Now most likely my phone will be sent back without them even touching it. Samsung your customer service needs to improve and you need to not leave your customers without a phone for weeks due to a defective device.

Many (not all) of these incidents are occurring when phones are being charged overnight--which people shouldn't be doing. That hasn't been a recommended practice since the days of Android Lollipop. If you do that with a Pixel phone and it gets damaged Google voids the phone warranty under the abuse of device category.