JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 charger port fire

(Topic created on: 6/2/19 12:02 PM)
user2Qc4W5cLIO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Well, looks like I will join the party. Woke up at 3:30am this morning to my phone almost too hot to touch, and the charge port melted out. Appears to have had a thermal event.  Unplugged the phone just in time, but now no longer will charge unless on wireless charging dock.  Hopefully Samsung will remedy this quickly. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

0 Likes
Jessebh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I have had that issue twice in the past week. what is the fix?
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hello @Jessebh, I am sorry to hear about this! Please send a private message with the model code, IMEI number of the phone, and any pictures you may have so I may look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERskyhttps://



Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.



Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ghali1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
My verizon samsung s10+ 5g charging port was burned and melted on the charger port while charging my phone with ORIGINAL charger burned my finger too as I was taking out when I saw smoke coming out.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist your further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.





Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.





Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ghali1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
yes. when I click on the link it takes me no where
0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Are you viewing the community through the app or a web browser? You will need to open the community in a web browser so that the private message link can be selected. You can sign into community by going to https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Get-Help/ct-p/get-help.

0 Likes
useroFm2XnNjjA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Me too facing same problem

My usb charger melted and phone get too hot while charging

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that! Please send a private message with the full model code and the IMEI number of the phone so I can look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky



Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.



Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes