Original topic:

Galaxy S10 does not connect to mobile network

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 9:27 AM)
djgogo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I've had my Galaxy S10 for over a year now and noticed that I am not able to connect to Sprint's mobil network even though my girlfriend that has a Galaxy S9 and is sitting right next to me and does have internet. I've contacted Sprint and they've already reset my network configurations and I've put a lot of apps to sleep when I am not using them. I'm also not able to receive calls even when I am using my wifi at home that is very strong. I'm ready to switch to another company or another phone. I've successfully been able to connect by restarting my phone and it works, but that is not ideal. Anyone have this same issue? Or a fix?
0 Likes
5 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S10
good afternoon djgogo,

if you have already reset your network settings as you have stated; the only other thing I could suggest trying is removing the SIM card from the sim tray for a few seconds then reinserting it then restarting your S10 like normal. other than that I would recommend taking your phone to your carrier to see if your sim card needs to be swapped out for a new one.
Patriot1776JG
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S10
Have you tried turning off the phone ?. Then try General management settings, reset, then network reset. Hope this helped. BTW my wife had the same problem, and I did a network reset and that was the trick. Just beware you will have to reconnect your wifi, and Bluetooth devices
0 Likes
djgogo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
Thanx for the tips. I've factory reset my phone (after I backed up my content) and still nothing. I will have reset the network once but will do it again just to see if anything changes. I will keep you posted.
0 Likes
JBro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I'm having the same problem. I've owned my S10 for less than 150 days and recently began having problems with it randomly disconnecting from the mobile network, then occasionally reconnecting on any variety of voice and data network types; LTE, 3G, Edge, etc. My service provider is Boost Mobile and they utilize the Sprint network. The December go-live for the merger of T-Mobile and Sprint seems to be impacting the network connection for Galaxy S10 series devices. The recent Android 10 update may also play a part in this issue. I've personally spent HOURS on end troubleshooting; several visits in person with my service provider, including the significant amount time they spent on the phone with Boost support services; multiple calls with Samsung support (had to borrow a friend's phone since I couldn't call on mine); multiple calls and visits in person to a local Samsung authorized walk-in service location. I've swapped out SIM cards, rebooted, reviewed/refreshed all possible settings, updated any/all software, and had diagnostics run at my local authorized walk-in service center. Boost deemed the problem to be a manufacturer defect. The diagnostics showed no software problems but some kind of "call drop" metric was showing problems. Samsung advised that I can mail in my phone for more advanced diagnostics and repair, if possible, or replacement if not repairable. Estimated turnaround time would be roughly 10-11 calendar days. I have the option to reach out to the local authorized service provider for replacement of the motherboard. Although there's no guarantee that will fix the problem. If that doesn't work, then I'll have to mail in to Samsung service.
I've read comments online about a possible fix included in the next system update - in March 2021. I still feel that the T-Mobile / Sprint merger is the primary issue because the subsequent changes to their towers and network availability.
I'm incredibly frustrated and desperate for a resolution. The software on my work laptop frequently requires me to sign in using 2 factor authentication that includes sending a code via text or call to my cell phone. If I can't receive texts or calls, I can't login. Period.

Neither Samsung nor Boost will own the issue. They each blame the other. It's just sad that no one can definitively identify and fix the problem.

If there's someone out there that has had any luck getting answers or fixing the problem, PLEASE share your story!
0 Likes
djgogo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
for the amount of money we've spent on this phone and service, this is unacceptable. yesterday I spent about 1 hr with Sprint, and after getting chat dropped and having to repeat myself multiple times to different agents, they switched me to T-mobil services. I asked why haven't they done this to every sprint customer and they mentioned that they are moving ppl, little by little. we'll see if this makes a difference. im at the end of my rope and don't believe its a network issue because my girlfriend's s9 does have internet and mine does not. I'll keep you posted. good luck.
0 Likes