cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_OaTgZd1
Astronaut

Galaxy S10+ galaxy deleting photos

Has anyone experienced opening the gallery and all of your pictures are gone? I recieved this error message. I tried restoring them with no luck then they reappeared. This keeps happening. Help...

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy S10+ galaxy deleting photos

Hi @Samsung_OaTgZd1, I hope you're doing well.

I believe I may be able to resolve your gallery issue.

This is happening because a ".nomedia" file is present where all your pictures are stored. .nomedia files tell the system not to display media such as images, videos, music, etc... To resolve this, you'll need to simply delete this file.

To delete the ".nomedia" file, follow these instructions:

• Open the My Files app that comes pre-installed on your device.

• Press the menu button on the top right.

• Press "Settings"

• Enable the "Show hidden files" option.

• Go back to the initial page within the My Files app.

• If you know the location of where your images/videos are stored, select either Internal storage or Sd card and navigate to where the media is stored. In this location you'll see a ".nomedia" file at the very top. Press and hold on this file and select the delete option. 

• If you do not know where your media is stored, press the search icon on the top right and enter ".nomedia"; you may have multiple .nomedia files. To find the correct one, press and hold on each and press the details button. You'll now have a new window that tells you where this .nomedia file is located.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userJFjTdwesYG
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10+ galaxy deleting photos

I have the same issue and I already deleted the ".nomedia" files, yet my photos are not back. Today morning I deleted the app "photos', this could be a problem? I really need to get my photos back, please help! 

Samsung_OaTgZd1
Astronaut

This keeps happening, when my pictures do come back it's...

This keeps happening, when my pictures do come back it's not all of them. What can I do to prevent this all together?

Highlighted
userjlqRzmKEW6
Astronaut

Hello!!!! Seriously this happened to me just now! And i e...

Hello!!!! Seriously this happened to me just now! And i ended up going here to find resolution!!! Maybe its a bug!!!!

Samsung_OaTgZd1
Astronaut

This keeps happening. Do you know why?

This keeps happening. Do you know why?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: This keeps happening. Do you know why?

After you experience these symptoms have you tried force stopping the gallery apps, and clearing the cache and data?