cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

Galaxy S10 keeps dimming 10-20 percent

I never use adaptive brightness. I just bought this phone brand new 5 days ago. Today my galaxy s10 got really warm and then the display brightness decreased by 15%. My power saving mode is off, blue light filter is off, display set to vivid and wqhd. Why is my phone doing this all of a sudden. I have had no problems at all out of my phone but I dont want the digitizer to go bad before I even get to use it on vacation or anywhere else. Is this a software problem or is it a bad variant? I am a heavy user. My phone is still hot that its causing the rubber/plastic case to have a burning smell to it. Samsung what do I do. Please help me fix my phone issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10 keeps dimming 10-20 percent

Thank you for reaching out. Do you experience these symptoms when in use specifically or also when charging your device?

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

I'm experincing the issue when using the device and charg...

I'm experincing the issue when using the device and charging it. I turned my phone off and then back on and when it cut back on the device was about 15 percent decreased in display brightness. I'm absolutely sure bc earlier I was noticing how the screen was so vivid and beautiful.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I'm experincing the issue when using the device and charg...

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I'm experincing the issue when using the device and charg...

Press the power button on the phone, when you see the power off option, then press and hold until you see safe mode, tap on safe mode and your device will restart in safe mode.

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

How do I do safe mode? I havent tried that.

How do I do safe mode? I havent tried that.