cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S10+ not receiving calls

My S10+ has recently been experiencing an issue where calls won't come in. Not missed calls, the phone will never even ring or give any indication that a call ever came in, other than a voicemail notification when a voicemail was left. I reached out to several people that normally call me and they confirmed that sometimes they'll call me and the phone will ring and ring and end up going to voicemail. I have no reason to ever miss any important calls as I wear a Samsung watch always so even when my phone isn't nearby, I'm connected. I can even confrim that this is not an issue with my carrier since a friend of mine has noted the same issue on his S9 which he uses on Verizon while I'm on AT&T. So the other day I missed a VERY IMPORTANT call from my Doctor with no indication that he had ever called. I tried various troubleshooting steps like clearing the cache and even a factory data reset. Still the issue persists. This is a MASSIVE issue that is not limited to just one device. I contacted Samsung immediately and their response was that issues within devices happen sometimes and they will not make any repairs to my device unless I pay for them. So I went ahead and bought an iPhone. Do I like it as much as my S10+? definitely not. But I know for a fact that this iPhone will receive all the calls that are sent its way and that if something like this were to happen to it, Apple would take care of it without hesitation or even asking me to shell out my own money for a repair. I will not buy a new Samsung device again with the knowledge that this could happen and I could get no support for it. If I ever do go back to Android it will most certainly not be with Samsung. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Galaxy S10+ not receiving calls

try a factory reset if that don't work its probably your service provider
Highlighted
Asteroid

You didn't even read the full post. Tried the reset and it's happened on 2 different carriers.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Try resetting Network settings
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'll give that a try. What basis do you have for suggesting this course of action? Do you have any theories on how this could help the issue or why this is happening to my phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

You already took drastic measures before giving community a chance. Try to remember how awesome Apple techs are when they tell you to buy a new iPhone although you're quite sure they should have a fix for some minor problem. Search Louis Rossman for more info on the awesomeness of Apple Technicians.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope. I don't have time to wait around while I'm missing calls. And I did contact Samsung and they were no help. They had their chance to make it right. I'm well aware of how bad apple techs can be but when the issue is clearly with Samsung and they offer no solution, there's no defense for that. Your comment doesn't help anything man get that outta here. Nobody has time for you.