cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_T7eUUpY
Constellation

Galaxy S10 plus standby drain

Does anyone else have this issue where after fully charging the S10 plus and leaving it idle for 20 minutes and the battery has already dropped a percentage? Is it me or is standby time on the S10 plus horrible?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy S10 plus standby drain

Standby battery consumption varies...depends on how you've configured your sleeping apps within Settings > Device care > Battery > (3 dots upper-right) Settings > Sleeping apps, as well as whether or not you're using the AOD, screen brightness, mobile network service/signal quality, etc. Best practice is to use the Device care's "Optimize" function routinely to close out unused apps, free up memory/CPU, etc. That'll help with battery usage.

Normally when my own S10+ is in Standby (i.e. overnight), after 8-9 hours, 8-10% of the battery has discharged.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Samsung Care Ambassador

A drop of 1% over 20 minutes mean that it will drop 100% in 2000 minutes or 33 hours.

That is pretty good battery life.

Samsung_cZfkPgo
Constellation

My iphone 6 (5 years old model) last more then a week on standby. In comparision S10 plus standby time too POOR

Samsung_GE48NuD
Astronaut

Check your apps and which are running in the background....

Check your apps and which are running in the background. Certain apps while drain the battery.

Samsung_QkKTXeg
Astronaut

My battery keeps draining

My battery keeps draining

Highlighted
Sun

Hey, 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U T-mobile. 

I think that 20 minutes isn't enough time to determine the battery usage while in stanby and device idle mode. 

This week I charge to 100% put the phone down for 10-11 hrs and the next morning the battery level is 97%. During the day the battery usage is great. Moderate and heavy battery using apps don't use as much as they would normally use and when I put the phone down for an hour or two the graph goes horizontal right away.

Last week it was just the opposite. Nine hours on standby and device idle and when I woke it up the battery level was at 89%. The graph shows that it went horizontal for the first few hours and then angles down towards the bottom right corner for the rest of the night. During the day the apps use more battery and when I put it in stanby mode the graph doesn't go horizontal but follows the path down to the bottom right corner.

One week I have great battery usage stats and the next poor battery usage stats. I don't change any of my settings it does this all on its own. So I never know from one week to the next what kind of battery life I'm going to have. What I do know is that after 11 hours on standby I should see the battery level around 95 - 97 % more consistantly.

CLF 

Samsung_ymd3TrE
Astronaut

You might have a lot of background apps running. Those dr...

You might have a lot of background apps running. Those drain a lot of battery. I don't charge my regular s10 over night, but it uses about 4 percent over the course of eight hours. Try shutting down background apps and optimizing your phone before bed.