cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFHM4JiEben
Constellation

Galaxy S10+ rear camera problems

I have an S10+ and for the first bit of owning it, it worked well, no issues with the camera or anything. But after a while, I started having problems with it focusing, it wouldnt. I would try and try and sometimes it would eventually focus, but it took a while, which is didnt before. I would also go in, it would be super laggy and then give me an Error message saying that the camera failed. 

I did find out that when I have it in 4:3 aspect ratio, it wouldnt crash, but would take forever to focus. When I have it in 16:9 it crashes, but if I have snapchat open it will crash, but if I close it, the camera crashes but then if I reopen the camera app, it works fine. Also on snapchat, my camera has the same trouble focusing, and most of the time I cant get it to at all. This is only on the rear cameras, the front camera works fine. 

Nothing on the phone has been broken or taken apart, back and camera lenses are fine, so im not sure how this happened, but I must say its pretty annoying that Its a process to take pictures with the rear camera.

I have already tried a restart and a hard restart with no change. 

Any help would be appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung_zY4JUuj
Astronaut

My S10 plus is doing the exact same thing from the focusi...

My S10 plus is doing the exact same thing from the focusing to the camera crashing and then re opening and it working perfectly fine. It's really starting to bother me and I have read online that this is sort of a normal problem with these phones I'm going to take mine back to AT&T to see what they can do for me. You would think after spending all this money for these phones that this would not happen. Come on Samsung

userFHM4JiEben
Constellation

Re: My S10 plus is doing the exact same thing from the focusi...

I agree,  this was a very expensive phone. And there seems to be nothing from samsung directly mentioning the issue.

userq2AehaZHNp
Constellation

I was having the same problems on my S10e, and after doin...

I was having the same problems on my S10e, and after doing some research online I found Snapchat to be the culprit. After uninstalling Snapchat I haven't run into this problems with the camera since. Your mileage may vary regarding if this will work for you. I'm not sure why Snapchat is becoming a problem, but it may have something to do with Samsung opening their camera API to outside development, with Snapchat and Instagram specifically being mentioned during the phone launch, and a recent update to either Snapchat or the phone itself that is causing the problem. I don't remember having the issues before installing the July security patch. Really annoying to be having these problems on an expensive device, but uninstalling Snapchat for the time being beats having a sometimes unusable camera. Hope this helps!

userFHM4JiEben
Constellation

Re: I was having the same problems on my S10e, and after doin...

Thanks, but I use snapchat as one of my main messaging apps, so I cant uninstall it. It would create more work for me than its worth. But I do think it was some sort of update that did it. Kind of annoying that it hasnt been fixed yet.

Devin_Reitz
Constellation

My S10 plus was doing the same thing but my Snapchat work...

My S10 plus was doing the same thing but my Snapchat worked except it wouldn't focus unless I closed the app and reopened it and it'd work for a bit before losing focus again... My phone updated this morning (9/4/19) and so far I haven't had any camera issues

userFHM4JiEben
Constellation

Re: My S10 plus was doing the same thing but my Snapchat work...

I noticed that too, I closed it and reopened it, got it to focus like once and it was gone again. Ill see if I have an update then. Thanks!

Samsung_f6tgUR6
Astronaut

I've been receiving the same problems as well unfortunate...

I've been receiving the same problems as well unfortunately. My camera has failed multiple times and it won't focus on snapchat which has frequently been happening.