cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
users0rO59L4fG
Constellation

Galaxy S10+ won't charge when battery is dead

Hey guys... This is my first post so please forgive me for any mistakes I make lol I'm having a small and weird issue with my phone. I bought the Galaxy S10+ unlocked via Samsung and I have had it since it was released and I just noticed this issue 2 days ago. My phone battery died for the first time since I had it and when I plugged it in to charge, I noticed that it wasn't charging and there was no animation either. I tried to start it up while plugged and nothing. So then I tried to wireless charge it and it started to charge and had the charging animation and all. After that I was able to turn my phone on with like 1-2% battery life and plug it into the wall charger and the phone charged normally... Weird right???!!??? Anyone else had this small issue or am I doing something wrong here??? Lol thanks for the help guys....

17 REPLIES 17
userjE2tzbLFaX
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10+ won't charge when battery is dead

This just happened to me. I also have the unlocked version of the s10. I’m also having connectivity issue’s.

users0rO59L4fG
Constellation

Heyy... Good to know that I'm not alone... It's weird that it doesn't charge whatsoever with a dead battery... Don't know if it's a software or hardware issue... I also did noticed I don't have the same amount of LTE service bars with this S10+ compared to my old S7 edge

userFZe6KdXNz8
Constellation

Samsung is this an issue with all S10 phones?

Samsung_0Mbu69d
Astronaut

Same thing happened to my s6edge and it was the charging port going bad (hardware),while the wireless charging was still good. Weird for it to happen in a new model so quick though

Samsung Care Ambassador

Sounds like it could be a charging port issue. You could take it to your nearest uBreakiFix for a quick diagnostic

userFH8PeNdmAR
Constellation

Hello everyone I just got a brand new new Samsung s10 e from EE and I have the exact same issue.  Again it won't charge from a wall plug when completely dead but will charge from a charging plate. Once it had some charge it will then charge normally from a wall plug.   Xx

Samsung Care Ambassador

Avoid draining those batteries down below 15-20%. I know it's not always possible to charge up when the battery is running on fumes, but you'll see the effects of degradation if you're running that charge down to 1-2%.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

SM10
Constellation

Same for me, my battery drained and it wont charge, not even wirelessly. Has samsung given any formal answer ?

userOgeJJdkUnS
Constellation

I have the same problem.

When the battery if fully drained, it does not respond anymore to charging devices. 

Sometimes I do see the charging icon, but not the animation. It seems like it is not charging at all and the phone can't be turned on.

For some reason I can only start the charging by connecting it to my laptop.

And yes, I'm only using original Samsung accessoiries.